Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Any ideas for gaining extension???  (Read 1024 times)

redtoblack

Any ideas for gaining extension???
« on: February 06, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »

Does anyone have any “tricks” for gaining extension?  I currently do a lot of stretching and the lie on your bed tummy side down with your legs hanging off.  I even use weights on my ankles doing this.

If anyone has any other tips or tricks, please let me know.  I’m willing to try just about anything.

Jordan

knee deep in Goo

Re: Any ideas for gaining extension???
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 09:09:54 PM »
A small stool  .. Just place calf area on it and  let gravity take its course.  Or a small childs ball same thing you can lay in bed doing that one.  Or pressing down on a towel.

When my extension is bad at PT -- my therapist will manipulate it down. ouch ouch ouch.. she is a  PT consultant for the New York Giants.  An american football team  . Perhaps finding a Pt that does this type of work is most important if you are having any problems with extension and flexation.

redtoblack

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:25:34 PM »
An extremely effective exercise to gain full extension of the injured or postoperative knee is to walk backward slowly on a treadmill that is elevated 6 to 7 degrees.

I just found this on WebMD

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:30:23 PM »
I would ask your OS about treadmills.   MY OS banned me from treadmills for a while after my first knee surgery.   Right now I am only allowed to do the treadmilll at 1.6 pace and flat.   While the treadmill may be an option to you..  it may not be an option to everyone with an extension problem..  So just be careful.