Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ok are u kidding me  (Read 1013 times)

Offline ibreakhearts66

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
ok are u kidding me
« on: February 06, 2007, 06:37:45 AM »
This is getting old. It feels like my body is playing tricks on me. So I have been in a knee high walking boot for the past 5 weeks or so due to a torn ankle ligament, so needless to say I have not been very active. All of a sudden, around 5 days ago, my rt knee has been acting up reeaally badly.

Lets see if I can explain this

There are a few things I can do that kinda help the pain, but I'm afraid they're not things I should really be doing. So one thing. I bend my knee, and as I straighten it I tighten the muscles around my knee. As it straigthens it lets out a loud pop and there's pain, but it also feels good. Another thing is I put my foot up on a table or chair and pull on my hamstrings while my foot stays on the table. Again, loud pop, but a release.

What is alarming me is this. I was proving to my mom just how fine my ankle is by doing some cutting movements. This really hurt me knee. I've never had that type of feeling before. I may be overreacting, but I'm a concerned athlete who reeaally wants to get back to her sport.
16 years old

8-03 unhappy triad LK, undiagnosed by an idiot of an OS so now i wear a donjoy
PFS for the lasat 7 years or so
10-06 Cortizone shot LK
11-06 Scope for torn meniscus RK
3-07 right ankle recon

brianne

Re: ok are u kidding me
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 06:47:05 AM »
Isn't your right knee the one that had the torn meniscus?  The body is very connected and when one part of the body is off other parts will suffer.  It could be possible that the change in walking over the past 5 weeks has caused your knee to flare up now.  I would recommend checking with your OS if you are concerned.

Stay positive.  You've had a rough run for quite awhile now.  It will get better and its okay to feel frustrated right now. 

Offline ibreakhearts66

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:55:06 AM »
Yeah its all been to the right leg. My right knee hasn't had the best few months. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that I have it as easy as I do, but the torn atfl one week after getting cleared to play again was a downer.

I think I'm gonna check with my os. As much as I want to play, I'm afraid that my knee is unstable and that I'd get back and blow an acl or something. Sooo I'm hoping mayne I can do track and work on my muscles so I can play for mpre than a week
16 years old

8-03 unhappy triad LK, undiagnosed by an idiot of an OS so now i wear a donjoy
PFS for the lasat 7 years or so
10-06 Cortizone shot LK
11-06 Scope for torn meniscus RK
3-07 right ankle recon

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:19:16 AM »
I also believe that walking differently has made your knee act up..when you get out of the boot strenghtening your muscles in the whole leg would be the best for you.
Don't rush too fast back into sports. Better get the leg working 100% first and avoid further injuries. Though talking with your OS and tell the concerns might be a good idea to start with.
Hope you get back to sports soon.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

redtoblack

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »
I agree that having that boot on and walking differently has caused your knee to act up.  It's amazing how just the smallest change in the way you walk can seriously mess up your knees.  I think it's a good idea for you to talk to your OS before doing any kind of sports.  Just take it easy and give your body a chance to heal.  You don't want to get hurt again :P

Jordan

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 06:16:04 PM »
Hi all

Definately take it easy before getting back into sports. I did the same thing and had real problems with my knee after. Talk to your OS about it and see what he feels about the limit of activity that you can do on it without stressing the knee. Give it time I know it's very frustrating not being able to do you normal things but hang on in there and you'll soon be back to the things you like.