Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 4 more days  (Read 986 times)

Offline volley9182

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
4 more days
« on: February 05, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
4 more days until surgery... Getting scared... It is common not to hear a time about your surgery. The surgery center that I am expose to have my surgery at is expose to call me with a time, but have not heard anything yet. My surgery is friday... Is that normal?

kelly
2000- LR on Left knee
2001- TTT
2002- Hardware removal
Feb 9, 2007- scope with lateral meniscus tear and popliteal cyst

redtoblack

Re: 4 more days
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 05:24:35 PM »
Try not to get scared.  If you are worried about your surgery time, go a head and call the surgery center.  Plus, you might be able to get some pre-op paperwork filled out over the phone.  I didn't hear from my surgery center until two days before my surgery.  Try to spend this week getting things in your home ready.  Make some frozen dinner and get stocked up with your favorite snacks.  I also did a run through my apartment on crutches to see what needed to be moved to allow easier access to the kitchen and bathroom.  That made a big difference, since I wouldn't have been able to move the furniture post-op.  I also stocked up on magazines and movies so I could keep my mind occupied.  I didn't want to sit around and think about my knee hurting. :)

I wish you the best of luck.  Let us know how it goes.

Jordan

Offline volley9182

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 06:38:09 PM »
Hey Jordan-

Thanks for the reassurance... I am in college right now, so I have plenty to do this week trying to get ahead in my classes so that in case something happens I don't get screwed... I think that I might just wait and see if they call. If they told me they would call, they probably will.. I just wish it was like tomorrow.. The waiting is what kills me..... Thanks again

Kelly
2000- LR on Left knee
2001- TTT
2002- Hardware removal
Feb 9, 2007- scope with lateral meniscus tear and popliteal cyst

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »
For all 5 of my knee surgeries, the surgery center only called the day before surgery for the time I had to be there.  If you're worried, it wouldn't hurt to call, but I wouldn't  be too concerned right now.

Good luck with surgery!
~Mandy
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline Ronxski

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »
Hi Kelly, Jordan had some really good suggestions. Another one mentioned a lot is to have a backpack to carry stuff from room to room while you are on crutches. Prepare meals ahead of time so you can just reheat them. And if you don't have anyother option for keeping swelling down after surgery. Keep the gel and ice packs in a cooler close by. But I see you've been through this before so you most likely remember all this.

I got my surgery scheduled a week before. They sent me sheets in the mail and a time to be there on the date of surgery. Plus I think there was a number to call the day prior to it to confirm the time.

I live in a small town so maybe it's easier for us here. I had to be there at 6 AM and my surgery was at 8 from what I remember.
Nervous is normal. Try to take some deep breaths at night. and relax..... ;)       Ron
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 06:12:04 PM »
Hi all

I was told about my surgery just over 24hrs before having it done so i wouldn't worry just yet. If you feel concerned about it give them a call, you within your rights to know whats going on just to put your own mind at rest.

Hope everythink goes okay

Sarah1928

support