Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: warm sensation behind kneecaps  (Read 1843 times)

Offline madscribbler

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
warm sensation behind kneecaps
« on: February 05, 2007, 04:44:15 AM »
Hi,
I have a little problem that I hope I don't have to seek medical attention for nor de-rail my spring marathon plans.   :-[
Since the beginning of January I have felt a warm feeling behind both kneecaps.  I started taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate (naturally sourced) and noticed a difference within three weeks.  Last week the feeling came back almost to the point where it was a burning sensation.  I have no pain, but don't want to do anything that might invite pain.  I also need to mention that I think the problem may have been caused by an old pair of running shoes that I have had a lengthy relationship with.     :D
I work on my feet all day and have started a marathon training program.    The 'warm feeling' comes and goes and only seems to be aggravated by running on hard surfaces.  As running can be nasty to the joints I have wisely deceided that my long runs will be done indoors on an elliptical trainer.

Does anybody have any idea what my problem might be?  (besides old shoes I shouldn't be wearing anymore?) ???

Thanks,
Joyce

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: warm sensation behind kneecaps
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 06:01:42 AM »
Do you notice any swelling at all ?
I would guess a overuse injury and those are treated best by resting. But I doubt that you will start rest now. ::) Try to ice down your knees after exercising and see if that can help some.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: warm sensation behind kneecaps
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 06:25:19 PM »
Hi

It definately sounds like the knee is getting aggrevated and possibly caused by an overuse problem it's easily done with knees. I agree with nettan just try an rest the knee as much as possible, and if you do, do any exercise on the knee ice it as soon as your done. If you do feel thought that it's not getting any better just seek some advice from a OS to save any future problems.

Hope all works out

Sarah1928

support