Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee Guru - How about a success board???  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Rina

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee Guru - How about a success board???
« on: June 19, 2003, 03:06:56 AM »
Hello and thank you for this wonderful resource.  I was here alot before my TTT (Elmslie Trillat variant) & LR and for a while afterwards, but haven't been here for a long time because my knee simply isn't a problem anymore.  I count it a stunning success and am out there working on getting on with life.

However, I know that when I was doing research it would have been great to exchange information with success stories.  Now that I'm one myself, I would consider being in that position for someone else.  What about a board that simply lists names and email addys for those who are willing to be contacted for anecdotal info, but really aren't in here constantly?

I'd be willing to post a bit of my story and leave my email addy for others.

Thanks.
Rina
Elmslie-Trillat & LR 7/18/02

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 98
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Knee Guru - How about a success board???
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 11:43:42 AM »
Hi
That's a good idea. I will do it now.
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline mj/usa

• Forum Faithful
  • glad to have my knee back again
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 09:08:14 PM »
Hi Kneeguru!

i would be happy to be part of your success board.  My OATS operation has been an unqualified success for me:I have already shared most of my experiences with my fellow kneegeeks, and am willing  to continue to do so.

cheers!

Mary Jane
plica excision 05/01,  followed by OATS 09/02

Offline ergomaniac

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • RehabMatters
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 12:42:27 PM »
This is a great idea - as I think the general balance of the board can tend towards the failures/negatives because a lot of those members who have successful treatment don't need the support of the forum so much. I'm sure this strand will help to balance that out, especially for newcomers.

Ergo

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 09:08:10 PM »
I'll post my story under the succesfull TTT - part. Not all my pain and discomfort is gone, but I can enjoy life again! hoorray!

H
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline Pat_A.E.

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 05:14:42 AM »
Great idea!  When I first went on-line looking for information on patella fracture it was about 1 month post op.  It was one of the low points on recovery because all I found were people far younger then me who were up to 2 years out and still having problems.  I doubted my life would ever return to what it was before this injury.  It is so important to realize that others have suffered the same trauma and do heal and regain life as they knew it.  It also helps to learn what was involved in successful recovery.
9/25/02  shattered right patella,10/11/02 surgical repair .1/31/03 hardware removed. Currentley dealing with tendenosis. Spring 2004 almost 100% back!!!!

Offline cmac

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 01:21:23 AM »
100% success with my Fulkerson TTT surgery. My knee has not felt so good in at least 10 years. I am already planning to have my left knee done early next year. If anyone is in Texas, Dr. James Bean of the El Paso Orthopedic Sports Group is a fantastic surgeon!

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 02:54:59 AM »
This was a great idea and a wonderful addition to the board.  I can't wait till I can honestly post here too--thanks for thinking of it, Rina!!!

Thanks for doing it, Kneeguru!!!

Take care everybody--this will be a place to bring smiles to a lot of faces...Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Carroll

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2003, 11:01:34 PM »
I am sure I will be looking for a good OS in NYC (brooklyn if possible) very soon. (I will be calling my PCP tomorrow)... anyone have great success in NYC ...even more specific with LICH  Long Island college hosp????
Thanks
Carroll

support