Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Bi-Laterl Patellar Stability for EDS  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Amanda82032

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Have you hugged your Orthopedic Surgeon today?
Bi-Laterl Patellar Stability for EDS
« on: July 21, 2007, 06:31:36 AM »
Well, what an experience!! Haha, never thought that this bi-lateral surgery would end up thisss bad! So here's the story.

A little backup info. I was just recently diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. My patellae are both malaligned and ive had a few surgeries (look at my sig) to correct them.

I went to the hospital. Tried to get the IV in by the nurse, which didn't work. The anesthesiologist was called in and he put it in the underside of my wrist. Boy was that painful! So the OS pretty much explained he was going to do the Galezzi procedure on both the right and left left. The surgery ended up taking a good 6 1/2 hours. He did the Galezzi procedure on both, but only used a pin in the left knee cap. He also found torn meniscus in the right leg and fixed that up. And he also repeated everything he did to the right on the left last time he reconstructed it.

After surgery, in recovery i was given 1 percocet and 2 milligrams of Morphine. I dont remember anything in recovery because of all the pain i was in. I started hyperventilating when i tried to go to the bathroom and couldn't really move. I had to be taked to downtown cleveland clinic to be hospitalized and given pain meds. I couldnt really breathe well in the ambulance and the heart rate dropped which wasnt good.

Pretty much in tons of pain right now. Ill update as soon as i can.

Amanda
18yo
Jan. 04=LR=R
Mar. 04=VMO Adv=R
Jul. 04=VMO Adv=L
Jan. 05=Chondroplasty=R
Jul. 05=TTT=R
Nov. 05=TTT=L
Jan. 06=Goodbye staple=R
Jul. 06=Patella ligament recon&shortened patellar tendon=R
Dec. 06=Goodbye staple=L
May 07=diagnosed w/EDS