Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: LighthouseFan's MPFL Recon. & LR post-op diary  (Read 43134 times)

Offline LighthouseFan

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: LighthouseFan's MPFL Recon. & LR post-op diary
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »
Claire - Thank you so much for your support!  I'm sorry I haven't responded to your message on here or to your email yet, but I do plan to respond to the email more fully this afternoon/tonight.  Thank you for everything.  "Talk" to you soon.  Take care.  - Heather

Donna - Thank you very much for the kind words, hugs, and support!  I really appreciate it!  I do feel like a lot of things have finally caught up to me and like I have been pushed into a pit of depression.  I'm trying to look for a positive way out of this pit and trying to not focus on the negative ways out.  Thank you for your prayers.  I can definitely use them.  I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers as well.  Please take care.  - Heather

Saul - Thank you so much for the encouragement!  I've been having nerve pains in my foot that can sometimes go up to a 5 or 6 and have had some nerve pains in the outer side of my leg the last few days that can go up to a 3 or 4.  I've called my neurologist to let him know what's going on and to see if there's anything that should be done for it because he had mentioned that the sooner we can catch the nerve pains when they start the better the chances are that we can control it with pills (instead of something more invasive).  I'm hoping that we can keep all of this still manageable, but I"m afraid that this CRPS stuff may be starting to go all crazy again! :-\ :'(  Trying not to worry about it, but it's hard!  Also, I'm not really saying much about it to my family because I don't want them to worry that this is starting all over again and that the Lidocaine treatment may be wearing off! :-X :'(  Oh well, not much I can do about it at the moment . . . just waiting to hear back from the neurologist's office.  PT is going alright.  There is one exercise that we have cut out for the last few days because the back of my knee has been hurting (PT thinks it's my hamstring).  Other than that, we've added some weights since I got out of the hospital and that seems to be okay, tough, but okay.  Yesterday, the PT assistant managed to bend my knee to 106* (with me biting my lip while she did so :'() which is the best we've done since the day after my Lidocaine treatment was done.  Pool therapy has gone well.  I feel like I can do a lot more in pool therapy, but I have to watch out because I really stiffen up extra easily once I get out of the pool.  I have regular PT and pool therapy both tomorrow.  Double dose of PT.  Ugh! :P  Anyways . . . I hope everything is going well for you.  Take care.  - Heather

Lorraine - Thank you for your support!  Please refer to Saul's part of this message to see how I'm feeling.  I hope to get a chance to send you an email in the next few days explaining a bit more about what's been going on for me.  I hope that you start to feel better soon.  Please take care.  - Heather
Numerous subluxes/dislocations of R knee - 1991 to 1997
R knee arthroscopy (removal of plica band and some cartilage) - 1997
L foot surgery (removal of accessory navicular) - 1999
Numerous subluxes/dislocations of L knee - 1991 to present
L knee LR and MPFL reconstruction - 1/18/2007

kiddthekatt

« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2007, 01:41:04 AM »
Heather;
  I've been reading your post and know that you have another shoulder to lean on and 2 more ears that listen very well. Take care og you.

Angel

Offline LighthouseFan

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2007, 03:04:26 AM »
Angel -

Thank you for the kind words and offer of support!  I really appreciate it!  How are you doing?  I hope you are having a good night.  Please take care.

Heather

kiddthekatt

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2007, 04:30:48 AM »
Hi Heather;
  I'm doing pretty good, just going through a couple of those feel sorry for me days. Knee wise, it's getting better with each day. I just get tired of my own company. I slept too much today and now I'm wide awake. Take care and remember I'm here if you ever need to vent, or cry or whatever makes you feel better.

Angel

Offline LighthouseFan

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2007, 02:35:45 PM »
Thanks, Angel!

I'm glad to hear that the knee is getting better each day! :)  I can also definitely relate to the "feeling sorry for me" days.  I went through a few up and down periods of those earlier on in the course of the knee stuff following surgery.  Now it's more than "feeling sorry for me" days and it has definitely moved into the realm of depression at this time.  Many things have been weighing on me from all sides and have pushed me into a dark pit.  Although I don't necessarily see any positive ways out of this dark pit at the moment, I keep trying to remind myself to keep looking for a positive way out.  It's just really hard right now.  Anyways . . . I hope you are having a good day and that you were able to finally get some sleep.  Please take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2007, 02:50:20 PM »
hi heather,
thank you so much for your e.mail,i am going to reply to you shortly.
i wish there was something i could do to make that dark pit a little brighter or shallower.
you have my support in any way i can help and i understand how things can build up so you feel there is no way out.
i will always be here for you to vent to and be a "cyber shoulder" to cry on if you need it.
take care,
claire x
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

Offline LighthouseFan

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »
Claire -

Thank you very much for the support and kind words!  I really appreciate it!  I will check my email later today after I get back from my double dose of PT (regular PT and pool therapy . . . Ugh :P).  Thank you for the offer to be a "cyber shoulder" to cry on if I need it!  Your support and friendship means a lot to me and that helps to shine a small light into the dark pit.  Thank you very much!  Please take care.

Heather

Offline sterns

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »
Heather,

I am sorry to hear about the uncomfortable situation and at least it is still better than before. Hopefully, as you are pushed to the limits in therapy, your muscles, tendons and ligaments will begin to wake up and also with this progress the nerves will also. Pt is hard regardless of where you are at in rehab. Even still for me, it wipes me out that day and the day after I am usually ina fog. I still have the hyper sensitivity in the knee, but as the therapist pushes me it seems to get better, just a little and now it can be extremely itchy. All in all, it is still progress and that is what counts. I know that concentrating on the rehab and everything that goes along with it is very hard, but making progress is a positive influence on everything and again every little step forward is a major step in how you feel and the same goes for all of us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and it truly is good to hear from you.

Saul
{RT TKR}  Rotating Platform Knee
{LFT K}  6 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   9 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   3 1st was arthroscopic, 2nd was TTT, 3rd screw removal
{LFT Shldr}   4 arthroscopic procedures & 1 slice and dice job
Lots o

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2007, 08:00:32 PM »
hi heather,
i hope the double P.T went okay today,urrgh,one session is enough without two!
do you dread going as it is so painful or is it good to get out?
i agree with saul about P.T wiping you out and it being hard on us.
my new P.T is good and pushes me further then my last one but i felt alot more achey after the first session with her then the guy i used to see.
i really hope the increase in your pain levels comes down again,if it does,do you think your ROM may improve as the PT may push you more?
do you still see jamie? i hate it when you see your O.S and feel they are rushing you.
well i'll be off for now,i just thought i would pop in to see if you have been on the site!
take care and i'm thinking of you.
claire x

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »
hi heather!
i'm back!! i am going to bed shortly but wanted to let you know i will send you another e.mail tomorrow.i hope P.T went okay for you today.
take care and you are in my thoughts and prayers,
claire x

Offline LighthouseFan

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »
Saul - Thank you for the kind words and encouragement!  PT is definitely tough and can wipe one out the rest of the day.  I know that part of the pain I have (the part in the knee) is "normal" for rehabbing the knee.  The part the scares me is the burning nerve pain that I have in my foot and in parts of the lateral side of my lower leg (these are areas where my CRPS pain was quite bad).  I received a call from my neurologist's office this morning and was told that the neurologist wants me to give it some time at the higher dose of Zonagran (I just increased to 300mg daily on Wednesday as was scheduled when I left the hospital).  The person I spoke with said to give it until Monday or Tuesday to see if it helps.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this can be gotten/kept under control.  How are you doing?  I hope that things are going well for you.  Please take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  - Heather

Claire - Thank you for everything!  I just sent a response to your email.  To answer some of your questions . . . I still work with the same PT and although PT is tough, it is good to get out and I like the people at the PT center.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Please take care.  - Heather

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:29 AM »
Hi Heather....I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave me your note of sympathy. It meant alot to me....

I do hope that things are continuing to get better for you. I think of you often....

Hugs...Donna
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

kiddthekatt

« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2007, 12:18:47 PM »
Hi Heather;
   I hope this finds you feeling better. I hope that your PT went well. If there is one thing that I've learned through this site and my own surgeries, we have to take to take it one day at a time. I've never been one to that tho. I've always made plans ahead of time, and this planning anything one day at a time doesn't sit well with me. I'm working on it, but find it most difficult. I think thats why I get in such funks. But this site and all of you wonderful caring people have helped me more than I can ever thank you for.
   Hand in there Heather, things will slowly start to come around. Just know that a lot of folks are here to help you in any way. My thoughts are with you.

Angel

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »
hi heather,
how did the double PT session go yesterday?
bet you feel abit sore today?
i replied to your e.mail earlier,thanks for your reply.it was good to hear from you again.
please let me know if i can help in anyway.
take care and you are in my thoughts.
claire x

Offline sterns

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #284 on: June 09, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »
Heather,

I will tip my hat t you, O do not have enough pills to to go through the "you know what " with a double PT. Are you crazy???  (lol)

Please take care

Saul
{RT TKR}  Rotating Platform Knee
{LFT K}  6 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   9 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   3 1st was arthroscopic, 2nd was TTT, 3rd screw removal
{LFT Shldr}   4 arthroscopic procedures & 1 slice and dice job
Lots o