Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: bad choice of brace  (Read 2061 times)

bracebaz

bad choice of brace
« on: January 27, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »
played squash today without my usuall brace, i`ve been wearing a breg x2k h/performance for 2yrs now, forgot to take it with me i had a softec-genu in my bag, which i only use for jogging on the flat.

i twisted funny & my knee came out again >:(  just hoping damage not to bad, i`m now feeling angry with myself for my stupidity.

sorry to bore you all with this, but this is the best site i`ve found for us knee bores

Offline raquetball1

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • RACQUETBALL--WALL TO WALL--INSANITY
Re: bad choice of brace
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 09:16:24 PM »
Hey there bracebaz,

I can totally empathize with the "gee, why the heck did I do that stupid thing" feeling.  I knew my brace had slipped downward during an rball match, but, out of stupid pride, I didn't want to stop play and replace the brace on my leg.  Paid big time.  If I could physically do it, I'd be kicking myself in the butt continuously.  But, hey, lesson learned for both of us, eh. 

I, like you, have more than just an acl deficiency problem in non-operated knee and am currently looking into possiblity of a new custom brace for multiligament deficiencies.  How does the breg x2k h/performance work for you?  Is it fairly narrow in design so that the hinge mechanism doesn't occassionally hit the other knee?  Is it a shell type brace (eg DeRoyal Flexguard) or a more strap oriented brace (eg DonJoy)? 

I hope you're over the anger at yourself by now and very much hope you didn't do any additional damage.
autopatellar acl recon Nov. 2004 at age 51

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

bracebaz

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 12:34:22 PM »
i raquetball1,

i`ve used many braces over the last few years, i know what you mean about the hinges hitting the other leg, the last brace i used was a townsend rebel with the none low profile hinges, it used to wack the other knee all the time.

i`ve been using the x2k now for 2yrs with no problems the hinges are quite low profile, the brace shell is a diamond design very stong
as you know any new brace takes some getting used to, it`s the best brace i`ve used up to now, it`s got a good integral strapping system and i`ve never had problems with it slipping down.

as for my knee i`ve taken the full leg brace off and using the x2k till i see the os in 2 weeks, it`s feels more stable now than it did a week ago, so hopefully the damage is not as bad as i thought it was.

i don`t know much about the cti2 but have used a cti edge to good effect, hope you find the right  brace.

Offline Jimb

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 01:21:55 AM »
I have had the same problem over the years with forgetting to bring or put my brace on. But, luckily now my knee is so bad that it lets me know imediatly when I dont have my brace on :-)
12/2003 scope left knee
03/2004 fulkerson, left knee
02/2005 Scope left knee,
05/2005 Patello-Femeral Replacement Lt Knee
10/2006 Scope,  Lateral Release, Scar tissue debriment
03/19/2007 Left TKR,

support