Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 4 years of Knee pain (ITband) started after neck injury 6 years ago  (Read 902 times)

Offline bj007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hello everyone,

Maybe I can find some help here as the doctors don't seem to have an answer. Six years ago I had a neck injury which resulted in bulging disks at c5,6 and c6,7 causing spinal stenosis. I have the usual symptoms in the upper extremities, but I also developed heel pain on only the side of my neck injury. About 4 years ago I started getting knee pain on the same side as well. My family doctor diagnosed it as ITband and I have had the usual therapy with no imprvement. Last month I saw an orthopedic DR and had an MRI which came back as normal. My knee feels weak and I have recently starting to feel pain on the outside of my foot as well. I have been wearing orthodics for about 4 years as well. I am not a runner and have been of work now for a while because of my injury.

Please help.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 4 years of Knee pain (ITband) started after neck injury 6 years ago
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:20:02 AM »
What did the OS say ? Did he tell you to go on with PT and the things you did before seing him ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline bj007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
What did the OS say ? Did he tell you to go on with PT and the things you did before seing him ?

Thanks for your reply. The OS told me to go back and see my family Dr, which I did yesterday and his reply was that maybe my knee is weak.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 01:10:57 PM »
Meaning that you need more PT or ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline bj007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:10:40 PM »
Meaning that you need more PT or ?

After my MRI the OS secretary called and said that my MRI was normal and that there was nothing surgically he could do and to go back tp my family DR. The family doctor read me the report from the OS and I told him that I was still having the same problem, nothing has changed. He did not reply. I told him that i have read on this forum about the many difficulties people were having wiyh their ITband and knee issues. I left it at that.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 05:54:31 AM »
I guess that I would go on a second opinion or even third to be sure what's really wrong.
Mri's aren't 100% so something could have been missed.

Offline bj007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:06:34 PM »
I guess that I would go on a second opinion or even third to be sure what's really wrong.
Mri's aren't 100% so something could have been missed.

Ok,Thanks I will have to keep trying. One PT mention a few years back that it might be related to Gait from spinal stenosis!