Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Has this happened to anyone?  (Read 918 times)

Offline Cheyenne

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Has this happened to anyone?
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:27:38 AM »
Yes I'm new and this is my first post. So HI! I really need some other opinions on something, so here goes:
In 1998, I had an ACL reconstruction via patellar graft, and then in 1999, a repeat reconstruction after tearing the graft in an auto accident. Since then I've really had no problems with my knee...Until 2 days ago. I have done nothing to injure my knee in any way. But I've started having an excruciating pain just to the left of my patellar tendon, right where the pin is inside of my knee. Its really sharp, especially when I straighten my leg out all of the way.
My question is this...have any of you ever heard of the pin/screw holding the ACL graft in place working its way out? I mean when I fully extend my leg, it feels just like the pin/screw is coming out at that one spot right where the scar is on my patellar tendon. It is excruciatingly painful.
And if anyone has heard of this happening, do you happen to know what exactly they do for something like this?
Thanks so much.

~Cheyenne

Offline amandalee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Has this happened to anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 05:11:38 AM »
umm i don't know if its the same for an acl graft as it is for the fulkerson that i had, but my screws are "coming loose" and need to be remove according to my OS. so i'd say its possible for them to come out, but im not sure if they'd have to put new ones in or just take those out. and even if they are still in place 99 % of hardware causes pain eventually so theres a good possibility thats whats bothering you. call your surgeon or go to urgent care to get an xray and find out for sure. good luck
mandiee

support