Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: mri results...  (Read 1971 times)

Offline steve3090

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
mri results...
« on: June 08, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »
hey everyone i just had an mri on my right knee and dont understand what it means

the posteriolateral corner structures are unremarkable with the exception of some tendonosis at the origon of the popliteous tendon. The medial collateral ligaments of the knee appear to be grossly intact

No acute bony injuries or stress reactive changes of the knee. No joint effusion or popliteal cyst appreciated. The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments appear to be grossly intact. No meniscal abmormalities. No osteochondral injuries are indentified

any help is greatyl appreciated

Thanks,Stephen

Offline Audice

• Global Moderator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
Re: mri results...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 11:35:54 PM »
Stephen ~ Try this website to read about the distinction between tendonitis & tendonosis...
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan13.htm

What I'm suggesting you read is a body building site which has a lot of extraneous info. But the basics of what you're looking for are there, also...Ellie
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

Offline poisson

• Regular Poster
  • The "less than young" petit poisson rouge
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 11:46:14 PM »
Your knee is pretty normal! - no bony injury no reactive changes,no effusion, no ACL/PCL deficit, no meniscal problems no osteochondral injury - all you appear to have on the MRI is a bit of degeneration in one of the smaller tendons around the knee.
All depends on what you had the MRI for - was there a significant problem clinically or what?
(I must admit my MRI didn't show my ACL tear but it did show other problems and the ACL tear was diagnosed clinically)
 ???
torn ACL and post horn med meniscus Dec 05 - ski accident
Bone bruise femur
Menisectomy Jan 06
Hamstring repair 03 June 06
Skied again March 18th 07 - hooray!

Offline steve3090

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 04:37:05 AM »
well i have had a pcl acl and plc repai.. football injury and that was my left leg and now my right leg is bothering me alot it is gonna sound weird but in hyperextends sideways and backwards no os or pt has ever seen a knee go to the side like mine does and just end up referring me to another os which is really getting old. but i have a new os who said that i should have another mri which is the one i posted about but its all very confusing