Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: OS Appt today....  (Read 588 times)

Offline pinklovefuzz

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
OS Appt today....
« on: January 08, 2007, 08:01:11 PM »
Went to the OS today.  He recommended 1 of 3 options...1. Ignore it and hope it goes away (CHECK...ignored it for almost 10 years)...2. Physical Therapy (CHECK...went for a year, twice a day...didn't help) or 3. A patellar realignment surgery.

My fiance wants me to go get a second opinion.  Will another OS give me other options than my current OS did.

And will I have to have more tests (MRI's, x-rays) done for the new OS or will my other stuff be fine?
4/05 - MRI, nothing serious shown
5/05 - Sent to PT
1/07 - Patellar Realignment recommended
2/6/07 - Surgery Day!

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
Re: OS Appt today....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
I'd agree with your fiance.  If your budget allows it, I'd seek out as many opinions that you deem necessary to feel better about your options.  Typically when you see another surgeon you take your films with you so I wouldn't see needing another set of films and such when the ones you have will do.  However, I'd still ask the nurse what to bring to the appointment.  You never know what a second opinion may say.  I'd take into consideration what all these opinions say and go with the one that you feel is right for you.  Never hesitate to question these surgeons...after all, if they operate on you, you have every right to question what they are doing to your body!

Keep your head up and good luck with another opinion.  Take care!
~Mandy
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

support