Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Big lump over incision site...  (Read 2005 times)

Offline jswalm

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Big lump over incision site...
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:10:41 PM »
Two years ago I had acl surgery than 3 months ago had surgery to remove scar tissue in the joint after experiencing patella-femoral pain. The second surgery resolved the pain but I now have a large lump over the inside incision scar snapping and causing discomfort.  My OS says it is scar tissue and is sending me to PT to have it massaged. That is not reducing or softening the bump. Anyone experienced this and if so what did you do?

Thanks,

Jamie
11.04 acl replacement, meniscus repair, condral defect repair
10.06 orthroscopic debridement to remove scar tissue
3.07 2nd scope and partial open procedure to remove medial scar tissue
3.27 Incision re-closure and Lavage.

redtoblack

Re: Big lump over incision site...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:18:21 PM »
I also have lumps where my incisions where.  I was told that it can take time but massaging the lumps a couple times a day with lotion can help.  I have been doing that and have noticed a small difference in one of them.  It's only been a couple of weeks for me, so I'm guessing it's going to take a fair amount of time more.

Good luck!

Jordan

Offline Laura0310

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Big lump over incision site...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:58:46 PM »
i know it wasnt on my knee, but i had surgery on my face to remove a lump - and got another lump from the incision. i was a bit worried - thought it had come back but my surgeon said it was just part of the healing process and that massage helps the scar tissue to stop 'being randomly deposited and have a more linear orientation' (his words not mine!)
i use nivea to massage it and although it's painful because you have to do it quite hard to make it work, it does seem to help - so just keep at it!

Laura

support