Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: any help  (Read 864 times)

Offline kcspurs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
any help
« on: January 05, 2007, 09:38:05 PM »
HI I thought   i try again as i got no replys to my previous post. .      If  i have full movement in my knee.  i can bend it straihten it  then why im i gettin a little bit of pain when i kick wiv that foot.    i  did have a damaged ligament  but  it seem  to be fine untile i took a  nock 3 weeks ago,      do you think i just need too make  the ligament stronger.           would usen a excersise back help..       also if its just   a slight pain cant  i take sumthin  to  get me through a game.            any   help please from kenny

redtoblack

Re: any help
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 09:49:01 PM »
If I where you I would have it checked out.  If you had damage, then took another hit to your knee resulting in more pain you could have further damaged it.  Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your knees.  If you do have more damage, the longer you wait and the more you do, you can end up doing even more damage.

Jordan

Offline hntndaylight

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
    • Ironheart-Images
Re: any help
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 04:38:42 AM »
If the pain is being caused by something loose in there banging around, it can make matters worse quicly in a perminant way. There are a lot of retired pros that 'took something to keep going'. When you see them limping and read there stories, Ive yet to read one that said the millions of dollars was worth the perminant injury. Whats even sadder are the high school and college atheletes that played through an injury and now suffer with advanced damage and never got a dime.

I told my attorney, and meant it, that if the company that made the machine that got me offered a 7 figure settlement and I could put that money in the street and burn it to have my knee back like it was that it is something I would gladly do.

I'm sorry that you didnt have the best experience with the hospital, can you go to another one, or another doctor? A lot of people here really complain about the doctor I go to. His ego fills a building and he calls things just how he sees them. Mine told me straight, your leg was almost twisted off, that I would never win any beauty contests with this leg after he finished,my atheltic career (not that I had one) was over, and I'd would need TKR in 20-25 years, but that he would do his best to go in and out one time, get me to where I could walk again, and do the things I wanted to do with my knee.
40 years old
R. k. ruptured PCL, MCL, tibial plateau fracture, and  double  meniscus tears in farm accident, Oct 15, 06.

Reattached/repaired scope and open knee surgery Oct 27, 06.

R.K 'clean up'  meniscus, plica, scar tissue, arthritis with scope Dec 28, 2007

Absent ACL found Dec 28, 2007