Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee pain  (Read 768 times)

Offline kcspurs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee pain
« on: January 05, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »
Hi Im new to this board, this is my 1st serious football injury so i'm not familiar with knee injury names.
Anyway last March i was playing football when my left knee went forward and a guy come in behind my leg so my left leg went forward as my right leg stayed, it felt like my knee did the splits. It was really painful i didn't hear any poppin though, anyway i went to have an x-ray don't and that didn't show anything then about 2/3months later i had an mri scan, i was told that it looked like a damaged acl ligament but they weren't sure so they gave me 8 weeks physio to which i got all movement back in my knee. So i started playing football again last October, i never felt it was 100% right but i could run fine. Anyway in December i was playing in a game when i kicked the ball away and some guy came in and banged my knee, it was really painful but it didn't seem like what i had done the 1st time. I limped off and i couldn't walk for a week, anyway now when i'm laying down my knee is fine but there is still pain when i try kicking with my left foot i think i have all movement in my knee though. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to go back to my hospital as there is a waiting list and last time they weren't very helpful.

Offline paulgrech

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: knee pain
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »
Sorry to hear about your injuries. Do you play professionally or just for fun? These sort of injuries are going to cause you problems and if your income doesn't depend on football I would suggest you try a different sport and save your knees. If the ACL wasn't seen on a modern MRI scan it probably was torn but lots of people get through life happily without an ACL so this in itself is not a reason to think about surgery. You may have suffered a meniscus injury too-either missed on the MRI scan or with the second injury. If you get continuing locking or swelling it would be worth knowing about this because surgery here might help. MRI is the most "pleasant" way to diagnose this.
Good luck
Paul
www.uk-radiology.co.uk