Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Seeing the OS at 2pm - Are my questions OK?  (Read 596 times)

Offline nin26

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Seeing the OS at 2pm - Are my questions OK?
« on: January 04, 2007, 10:17:54 AM »
Firstly, thank you to everyone who offered suggestions before!

I've got my appointment later and I've compiled a list of questions for the OS - any input would be gratefully appreciated - especially if I've made any glaring omissions!

For anyone who needs a background to what's wrong with my knee, I've put a link to my original post where I've given my history:  http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33413.msg249220;topicseen#msg249220

So, the questions are as follows:

1)  What are the possible surgical procedures that can be done in my case?

2)  What are the possible non-surgical procedures that can be done in my case?

3)  Is there anything else non-surgical that would help me (ie. braces or the such-like)?

4)  Given the wear in my knee and the amount of time it has been left untreated, what are the rough chances of any of the treatments failing or making it worse?  Are any of the treatments more likely to fail than others?

5)  Can anything be done about the cartilige damage?

6)  Does the underside of the kneecap look very worn?  Is there anything that can be done about it?

7)  Will my kneecap dislocate again after surgery?  Is there anything that can be done that will stabilize/strengthen it? 

8)  Can I have copies of my notes for my own reference so that I can research and make better informed decisions about my treatment?

9)  Roughly how long after surgery would it be before I could walk unaided and drive a car?

10)  Will any of the surgeries prevent me from riding a motorcycle after I have fully recovered?

11)  What will happen if I opt to have no further treatment?  How long, in your opinion, would my knee continue to be usuable?

12) Am I pretty much guaranteed to get arthritus in that knee?  Does having surgery done improve my chances of not getting it?

and finally .... What would YOU have done if you were me?

Cheers,
Marilyn

support