Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Inner-Knee Clicks/Pops w/ sorness and stiffness. Possible meniscus issue?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline nvarela

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
About 4 months ago I injured my knee surfing in Panama. I injured my right knee by bending inwards and a slight twist, I felt the pop and immediatly fell off my surfboard. My knee swelled up and was hard to walk on for the next few days. When I got back to the states I saw my doctor and he performed a test to see if there any issues. He was pretty sure that I was ok but should take it easy. I ended up not surfing for a while and starting to work out the knee a little bit to build up the muscles around the knee. I am still experiencing soreness pain and some stiffness still and just recently I have started to feel a pop when extending my leg. If I apply pressure on inside of the knee, a little bit behind the knee,with my hand the popping feeling will not occur. Could this be a possible meniscus issue? Any ideas?

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Hi,

Welcome to the boards.....

Here is a site that has alot of details about meniscus injuries. 

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/meniscus/overview.asp

Hope you're feeling better soon.  ~shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline Mike780

• Regular Poster
I think it would be difficult to diagnose without examination/scans of the knee suggest you see your doctor and get referred to a OS , the earlier you do it , from bitter  experience, the less damage you will do.

I don't think anyone can guess what you may have done.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:44:31 AM by Mike780 »
Arthroscope L/K 27/07/06 Meniscus tear trimmed, diagnosed with OA Grade IV Lateral compartment and trochlea groove.

support