Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: June - Secret Pal  (Read 9023 times)

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: June - Secret Pal
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2003, 09:50:58 AM »
HI!

This is what Shaz said  on the other thread:

Re: Secret Pal Program (May to October)
Reply #7 on: 06/21/03 at 19:24:29      Quote  Modify
------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have 3 more joining us for this month (June) and I am waiting a couple more days to see if the other 2 still wish to participate and then the new comers can join in with us also and have a Blast shopping and buying gifts and also getting gifts.
So PLEASe if you wish to join this month PLEASE fill in the above questionairre ASAP and email it to me.
Sharon  
She also has the initial question list posted there too for anybody who is interested.  You might want to revisit some of the other threads about "secret pal" for other details...

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2003, 10:41:02 AM »
Thanks Sylvia

naz

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2003, 03:43:19 PM »
thanks for letting me join in Shaz, I sent my profile to you and I'm looking forward to getting started.

naz

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2003, 04:27:43 AM »
Hi everyone ,
I am sort of back at the moment (in a limited capacity) hopefull I will get my ADSL back soon  ::).
Anyone wishing to join for July can do so by sending me there questrionairre (I have 2 already for July). I think I have sorted most problems (especially Iona's and also Helen-uk's)
Helen your parcel was cent a few days ago and is coming from overseas so may take a little time (OK).
HAVE FUN
and feel free to join us ANYONE
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2003, 04:32:04 AM »
I received my June parcels the other day (THANK YOU ,THANK YOU ,THNAK YOU  :-*).
I got an IQube for Boo (and she LOVES it  ;D) and 2 VERy cute stuffed toys (a pig and a bear), a teddy USA pin and an american t-shirt/singlet top. (I love them all and the top fits and I also hope that I soon get weather to be able to wear it as it was -4C last night (COLD  :o).
I just want to say THANK YOU to my pals and I know at least one of you is from the USA and likes to crochet  ;D
and the other person I think also loves dogs (as she picks some of the BEST dog gifts EVER) and is either from USA or UK (I forgot to check postmark <LOL>  ;D I was too busy opening my present to see where it was from <LOL>
THANK YOU both again (I am assuming it is 2 people also and not 1 being VERY tricky).
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2003, 06:36:00 AM »
Shaz I hope you got my e-mail regarding my address, I'm having dodgy e-mail probs at the moment. Naz is really excited about doing this!

Iona

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2003, 07:12:10 AM »
Shaz...

Don't forget there is a little birdie involved in your secret pal surprises and it is possible that there is a middleman or a clearing house kind of thing going on.

You were quite popular and there were a lot of folks who wanted your name--so I got to raffle it off to the highest bidder and made quite a deal of money on that--ha ha.

Anyway, something else for you to consider...Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2003, 09:12:05 AM »
Sylvia,
I forgot about that <DOH!>.
So what do I know....
Hmmmmm
I have one or more pals, who crochets, likes dogs, and live onthe earth somewhere <LOL>.
Hmm...
I also know that one must like teddies/soft toys also as I got some BEAUTIFUL bears, toys and i am pretty sure one is from USA as I got a beautiful top from USA (But then they could have got someone else to buy it for them or could have bought it on the net or could have bought it while on holidays  :o).
THIS IS HARD.

So to my pals or pals from Earth Thank you and you have me stumped <LOL>.

Sharon ;D :-*

Helen_uk

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2003, 09:39:41 PM »
yes I have just joined this thread but for June as I sent my pal s out mid june oh well not to worry it s exciting waiting anyway.
H xxx ;D

Offline JenJen03

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2003, 01:14:00 AM »
I got a present for june today!!  Again i can not belive that whoever u are is sending me gifts!  U have made my day/ week!!!!!  Thanks sooooo much!!!   ;D   ;D   ;D  I recieved some chochlate and pepermint candies which i can not wait to try!  I also recieved a recipe book with many recipe's allready written in it!!!!  THANKS SOOOO much i can not wait to try them!  THANK YOU!!!!

~Jen
18 years old -- bi-lateral (both knees) LR on  8/8/02, Synvisc injections in May of 04  and still in major pain.

Offline Liz_-_UK

• Forum Faithful
  • Together is the bestest place to be
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2003, 09:31:47 PM »
My secret pal has been very busy! I received a parcel today containing gifts for every month so now i have to be very good and not open them till it's the right time.

They are all so beautifully wrapped and i have already had fun trying to guess what they are.

My june present was a gorgeous little healing stone that i am putting near my bed and a book of inspiration with some lovely quotes. I was immersed in it for an hour today when i was meant to be working - oops!

Thank you, whoever you are - I know you're from Canada and you're very organised!

Liz
xxx
03/95 - LR on left knee, 08/95 - LR on right knee, 03/98 - failed TTT left knee. Several scopes. 12/01 TTT and LR on left knee. Great for a while but now more problems.

Offline Linda

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2003, 11:55:13 AM »
Hi there!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to my secret pal! I picked up my June gift on Tuesday. It had lots of goodies. I got a really cool purple (my favorite color!) pen with a poofy pink top, A very cute extemely soft beanie key chain, Liz Claborne perfume, a packet of Lavatera flower seeds, and some soft musk/night musk soap. THANK YOU!

This package really brightened my day. I had just found out that I was being scheduled for additional knee surgery, so it was nice to have a bright thing happen.

Thank you again Secret Pal!
Linda
LR and Chondrplasty 1/22/02, Clean-up, Chondroplasty and biopsy 6/4/02, AC Implant 11/6/02, Micro fracture and adhesion clean up 8/12/03

support