Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT number two...its overwhelming  (Read 958 times)

brianne

TTT number two...its overwhelming
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:16:50 AM »
I had a TTT done on my right knee 10 weeks ago and it was a great success.  I am scheduled for my left knee to be done on January 25th.  I thought that I would be okay with the idea, but now that it is scheduled I am very discouraged.  I am excited to have the same wonderful results on my left knee, but surgery is surgery and its never fun.  I trust God with all things in my life, and this will be no different.

I got out my crutches today.  I didn't even have to dust them off because its only been 4 weeks since I used them.  That is when the reality of the surgery hit me.  I will be having another surgery in only three weeks.  

Once I have time to process everything I will be fine, but I am very discouraged right now.  How have others that have had major surgeries so close together dealt with it?  It will be worth it in the end, but the journey to get there won't be easy...I know that first hand because its only been 10 weeks.

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: TTT number two...its overwhelming
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:56:25 AM »
Hi Brianne,

I have a had a TTT on both my knees, so I understand that it is overwhelming. I actually had mine done during the same summer, approximately 7 weeks apart. Looking back I realize that I didn't even really have time to dread the second as I was so focused on rehabbing the first. Just focus on the end result and not on dreading it. I'm sure you'll get through it just fine. It's amazing how we think about some things like "if this happens, there's no way I'll recover/get through it" or "I just can't go through this again" yet God always carries us though. Just keep your head up and try not to worry. Worrying won't solve anything.

Good luck!!

~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR  R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR  L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR

brianne

Re: TTT number two...its overwhelming
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 05:13:11 AM »
Erin,

Thanks for the reply.  You're right, God always gets us through things, even when we cannot see the end result.  I think that I am just far enough out from my first that I have resumed a normal life and I have enough time to think about it.  The mind is an evil thing sometimes!

It will be so worth it in the end, I just know that.  I just need a few days to process everything.

Brianne

support