Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Have I torn it more?  (Read 848 times)

Offline cschooling

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Have I torn it more?
« on: January 03, 2007, 04:54:36 PM »
Help! I tore my ACL and damaged both cart in left knee in summer 05, I had my cart repaired by key hole but decided to see how the ACL affected my life, since then I've had several incidents where I've twisted the knee and heard that lovely popping sound once again!  my last time I did it was last wed where my knee went one way and the leg the other, since then its been really painful and very swolen.  Do you think I've added to my injurys?

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 213
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Have I torn it more?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 05:11:14 PM »
Hi

The answer is  "" don`t know " - however it is essential that you get to see your Doctor urgently as you may have to see an Orthopaedic Consultant to obtain a MRI scan.

DONT WAIT   

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline cschooling

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »
Thanks for the advise, it is normal for the knee to always give way and for the pain to stay around for weeks?  whats the popping sound all about? It popped when it happend when I jumped off my horse and my left foot landed down a pot hole! wasn't even that exciting accident!

Offline Audice

• Global Moderator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:50:53 PM »
cschooling wrote: normal for the knee to always give way and for the pain to stay around for weeks?

Hi ~ I feel so much better knowing that someone else had a rather unspectacular dismount from a horse & did real damage to a knee. I'm really sorry to hear that you're hurting but I recall at the time of my injury I felt much as you - popping knee, unstabile & painful. Time has eliminated all but minimal twinges but I suspect that like you, I'll do something foolish & will be back to the same state you're in now.

At my age (68) I can get by w/o an ACl. I ride & work at the farm but I'm probably nowhere near as active as you so reconstruction may be the best way out for you.

As John advised, let an OS determine whether you've done more damage or not. Wishing you well...Ellie
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

Offline cschooling

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:30:56 AM »
Thank you very much for your kind words, I will make an appt and see what other damage ive done! but I fear the worst as my employer isn't very understanding and also who's going to excersive my 4 yr old for 3 months? I will let you know how I get on but most likely NHS appts are not that quick!

support