Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MAY - Secret Pal/Sender  (Read 8988 times)

Offline lizl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • I've fallen and I cannot get up?
Re: MAY - Secret Pal/Sender
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2003, 08:03:28 AM »
 :) I got the most fantastic Secret Pal package! It contained an afgan and a wonderful book. Now I'm so intimidated, because I can't do such great work! I hope I'm not cheating the person I'm sending presents to.

My husband was just astounded, too. "Who is this person?" he asked and then answered his own question, "Oh, yeah. It's a secret."  Anyway, whoever you are--THANKS!

When my stepgrandmother died, she left behind several of her handmade afgans--but they ran out before I got one. In a way, this afgan will always remind me of you and her.

LizL
2003: 1/28-29Fell on wet floor,broke kneecap
ORIF(hdwr&immob)
Post-op drug reaction
3/4-5/13 brace
3/21-8/28PT
12/19Hardware removal,scope,partial meniscectomies
2004: More PT
lost job
Settledw/WC Oct
2005: Personal injury lawsuit--reschedulings,failed mediation
2006: settled out of court in March

Offline martiniswiller

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2003, 03:31:44 AM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
In the middle of the most challenging time of my life, I received a wonderful package filled with chocolates, bath salts and and facial products.  Before this started, I emailed Shazinoz and let her know I would be unable to do this with some issues going on in my life, and the sweetheart kept my name in to surprise me.  What a wonderful surprise.  This really made my day and I am touched by the kindness. Now, off to pamper myself!!  :)
LR on left knee 8/01, LR & Chondroplasty on right knee 1/02.. had OATS procedure 9/26/02. Possible torn meniscus in left knee, but battling breast cancer, so knee is on hold!

Stacey

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2003, 02:11:09 AM »
Hi everyone

I recieved a package a few days ago (been too busy to post thought).  In it where a really cute pair of socks (which are great cause i can wear them with running shoes since i cant wear sandles), two adorable bookmarks (I love the one with the dog adn cat, it is in my book I am reading right now) and a pile of toffee(?) hard candies that are so tasty!  Thank you secret sender,  i dont even want to try to figure out who it is becuase i think it will be most fun figuring it out at the end as a surprise :)

Stacey

Offline ergomaniac

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • RehabMatters
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2003, 12:47:20 PM »
well i'm sendin this message from heathrow airport - on way out to san fransisco. No secret pal pressie as yet but it will be a really nice welcome home when I get back to the UK 9t June. Will keep posting if I can find internet cafes along the way. take care you'all. ergo ;)

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2003, 04:52:10 AM »
WOW, more than one, (yes I was just informaed that I am getting more than one (I thought the new one was for next month).
I don't know what I have done to deserve more than one, but THANK YOU
I opened it and THANK YOU so much Secret PAl.
OK I got a georgeous froggy dog toy for Boo (to keep her from attacking Kermit the cast ;D).
And the most amazing book called "The Power of Positive Dog Training" for Boo and I.
Thank you so much Sylvia (for tricking and playing secrets on me ;D). and my secret pal for the beautiful presents for Boo and I to share together.
By the way the froggy croaks ;D, made me laugh a lot (thanx, I needed that).
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Stacey

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2003, 05:20:02 AM »
Hi Everyone

I just got the second part of my may gift (Shaz had emailed me and told me that my gift was coming in two parts this month) and its an adorable pair of socks with little dogs on them (Im a dog lover!)  Thanks again secret sender

Stacey

Offline Liz_-_UK

• Forum Faithful
  • Together is the bestest place to be
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2003, 01:54:03 PM »
Hello!

And huge thanks to my secret pal. I had put that i liked sunflowers and recieved a gorgeous parcel of sunflower table accessories that will go really well with some placemats and coasters i already have.

Now i can have sunshine even on the dullest days!

Liz
xxx
03/95 - LR on left knee, 08/95 - LR on right knee, 03/98 - failed TTT left knee. Several scopes. 12/01 TTT and LR on left knee. Great for a while but now more problems.

Offline JenJen03

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2003, 07:45:51 AM »
Thank you secret sender!!!!   I got  birthday card today!!  (I did not realize it was a birthday card untill after i opened it ( i am only a few days early) but it really made my day!!!  Thanks sooo much!!

~Jen
18 years old -- bi-lateral (both knees) LR on  8/8/02, Synvisc injections in May of 04  and still in major pain.

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2003, 03:21:06 AM »
Thank you to my secret sender!!! I got my package today and it really put a smile on my face. I was sent lots of fun things for when I start teaching-stickers(I love stickers!!!), notepads and some really fun glitter pens. It definitely brightened up my day as I'm still a little scared about my surgery after getting the date yesterday. So thank you so much again to my secret pal-I really appreciate it!!

(((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

support