Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MAY - Secret Pal/Sender  (Read 9007 times)

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • G'Day from Australia
MAY - Secret Pal/Sender
« on: May 16, 2003, 01:41:24 PM »
So how are we going???
Has anyone received there 1st surprise yet??
and if so what did you get??
and do you have ANY ideas of WHO your pal is??
Our surprises should start to arrive anytime NOW.
Keep your eyes out (and some will take longer if someing from overseas or if coming through an intermediate person (like me, who can re-envelope and address and then post on).
Good luck everyone and keep your eyes on your mail box
;D  :)  ;)  :D  :-*
Sharon
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 01:41:51 PM by Shazinoz »
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
Re: MAY - Secret Pal/Sender
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 04:29:29 PM »
Has anyone received anything from there secret pal for this month ???
Let us know what you received ???
etc etc etc
;D  :D  ;)  :)  ;D  :D  ;)  :)  ;D  :D  ;)  :)
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline ergomaniac

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • RehabMatters
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 07:46:54 PM »
I've sent one but haven't received anything yet? Someone must have!!!

Lots of pressies stuck in the mail by the sounds of things.  ;D

Ergo  ;)

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 09:04:18 PM »
I sent mine today, hopefull the pal should receive it soon.

Iona

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 10:45:04 PM »
Hi!

I received a package yesterday--so sweet, somebody actually used my profile.  I now have 3 new patterns to crochet (as soon as my hand is well--hard to crochet wearing a splint, but when I am recuperating from my tkr...just watch :D  ) and there was a lovely laundry bag in my colors...and a beautiful little Cherished Teddy with the flag of Great Britain.  Hmm, first of all, I have to prevent my oldest daughter from stealing that sweet thing--it is already in my cabinet in a place of prominence.  Secondly since both it and my package came from the UK, I can start making guesses--but need a tad bit more info.

So far, I know that my secret pal can read (lol), thinks a lot like me (sorry), and is from (or at least mails from) the UK.

BTW, I mailed mine out over the weekend too...Should be alot of stuff floating around rather quickly.  Thanks to my sweet, sweet friend.  With timing being everything, you really did good for me.

Hugs, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline amazonia

• Regular Poster
  • hello from Vancouver, Canada!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 03:57:46 AM »
I received a wonderful big box full of secret pal presents today - and opened the first one for May.  What a great surprise to go to the post office and have a big box full of suprises there waiting for me!  Now I'll just have to be good and save one for each month.

I sent mine off for this month to my secret knee-friend last week, so hopefully she should be getting it soon!

Thanks again Sharon for organizing this - it's a really nice way to spread some cheer!

Jan. '02 - complete tears of the ACL/PCL and PLC - emergency surgery to repair them;  high tibial osteotomy Dec 5 '02; May 22nd 2003 reconstructive PCL (allograft) and PLC (hamstring tendon).  No ACL reconstruction as I retore it 3 weeks prior to surgery.  No ACL/ loose knee but little pain!

Offline rhea

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    • Budgie Love!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 04:01:21 AM »
I sent mine off a couple of weeks ago.  It was a lot of fun putting this month's things together.  I hope my pal enjoys it!  I'm eagerly checking the mail box for my surprise.  There is something very lifting of recieving a parcel in the mail no matter what is in it!

(((Hugs))) and MANY thanks to our OZ gal Sharon for orchastrating this whole thing for us!

-rhea
7 yrs of knee troubles (maltracking, maybe plica).  
Finally found wonderful OS(#4)!
Diagnostic scope+biopsy schduled for sept 23,2003  
HMS/EDS III
Chronic joint pain,subluxations,microtraumas...

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 04:36:37 AM »
amazonia,
wha was your first little pressent ?? let us know what your may present was ! So that we can also enjoy your surprise OK.
Sharon

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 07:11:31 AM »
My secret pal gifts will be going out in the mail probably on Friday. Sorry for the delay but with my graduation and finishing up school I've been so busy over the past few weeks but now I'm almost all set to go with everything.

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 09:11:15 AM »
There is no rush Sharon, you have to the end of May to send it out.

Offline ergomaniac

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • RehabMatters
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 02:24:55 PM »
It's really exciting starting to hear what everyone is getting - can't wait for mine. Thanks for organising it Sharon  ;D

Offline JenJen03

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 01:23:18 AM »
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I do not know what else to say.  I was having the worst day.  I was trying to study for my impossible exam that I have tomorow, and all of the sudden my mom sayd i have a package!  I was really confused and said that i did not know who i was getting a package from.  I was even more confused when i saw that it was from Australia and from my Secret sender b/c i knew i had to pull out, seeing the i am a typical high school senior who has money some days and not others, oops!! hehe!  

Thank you so much whoever you are and to Sharon for including me.  I love the chochlate and all of the stuff to "pamper" my self with!  I have not stoped simlling since i opened it!!!!!!   ;D   :D   I am not even worried about my exam now b/c i am sooo happy.  

If there is anyone who you would like me to send to i would be more than willing to.  Especially since i just got a pay check from work (i don't know how seeing that i have not been there in a while, but i am not asking!).  Thank you soooooooo much for making my day, and probably my week!!!!  THANKS!!!!!!!!!  ;D   :D  

~Jen
18 years old -- bi-lateral (both knees) LR on  8/8/02, Synvisc injections in May of 04  and still in major pain.

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2003, 11:35:13 AM »
 ;D I got a parcel from my secret pal TODAY ;D
THANK YOU SO MUCH , it couldn't have come at a better time, with my shoulder and everything playing up and me feeling totally fed up. Then I go to the post office and get this HUGE parcel.
OK my parcel was posted fromo America.
It contained and GEORGEOUS hand crocheted rug (Absolutely BEAUTIFUL). a very cute stuffed bunny rabbit and a beautifly book ccalled "Daily Word for Healing" and a cute little card with a dog on the front and Gentle Hugs inside.
THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN to my secret pal as This really helped during this awful time (I haven't really told everyone what has been going on, but I guess now I will ;D).
Sharon

SL99

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2003, 03:31:46 PM »
Sounds like the secret sender is really starting to take off then! Thanks for setting all of this up Shaz, I think it's providing a much needed ray of light in a lot of gloomy clouds for people right now. Good on ya girl!  ;D

I'm afriad my parcel will be a little late, going to sort it all out over the weekend, but with my recent broken foot I haven't been able to get out yet! It is coming though honest!!  :)

Take care guys and enjoy your parcels!

Love and hugs....Jo
xxx

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 05:05:24 AM »
My secret sender rocks!!!  Thank you!!!  :)

My husband and I like Native American "things" ... my secret sender sent a medicine wheel... kind of like a dream catcher but with different artwork in the middle.  Awesome!!! :)

Cheers and thanks,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling