Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Secret Pal: A Great Way to get to know each other!  (Read 21754 times)

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • G'Day from Australia
Re: Secret Pal: A Great Way to get to know each ot
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2003, 06:52:01 AM »
I have DONE IT, I have sent out everyones list of who they are to send to. PLEASE if I missed anyone , just email me. Hotmail has been a bit funky lately (it tends to send 1 email twice and then not send the next one (but Ddoesn't tell me <GRRRR>)). I have done this VERY randomly as this is fairest.
Good Lcuk and you can begin posting anytime this month.
Good Lcuk everone and most importantly HAVE FUN  ;D
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2003, 12:50:29 PM »
Thanks Shaz, I've had my e-mail & I'm off today to find something to send! I can't wait to hear what people stat getting from their secret pal.

Good on you Shaz
Iona

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2003, 10:52:02 PM »
Thanks, Shaz!

I just have a question... are we doing this secret pal thing in any kind of method?  For example, if we have little gifts to send, are we sending them to you first, or directly to them?  How long does it last?  I think you may have mentioned all of this stuff once, but it'd help me out a bit if you could let us know how to do this ;).

Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Offline Linda

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2003, 02:53:42 AM »
Hello Sharon,

I got my Secret Pal Person! Thank You!

My question is: How do I send the stuff? It was once mentioned that it cold be sent through a different person? I am pretty sure that you can't ship things without a return address and name.

I would be willing to be an inbetween. Let us know what you think.

Thanks again for all your work.
Linda
LR and Chondrplasty 1/22/02, Clean-up, Chondroplasty and biopsy 6/4/02, AC Implant 11/6/02, Micro fracture and adhesion clean up 8/12/03

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2003, 05:16:46 AM »
I think in the end it was decided to leave the method open, so that those who wish to post all 6 together can and those who want to send 6 presents can. The length is 6 motnhs (starting this month) with 1 little gift each month. AS fr sending them it is up to you, you can post them on to your sender or post them through someone else (it could be me or Linda ahd also volunteered (Please try to include the additional postage if using an inbetween so as to make it easier for them).
Most of you lot in US and Canada and UK have no problems with just posting them on as there are SO many from there NO one knows where you are really in the country and if you can't post without a return address then an inbetween may make it easier (or if this is impossible then leave your name off and maybe use a friends addres) so that if it is returned you know and you address still isn't known.
AS to WHEN in the month to send (the answer is ANYTIME) and when you get your gift then just post what you got and thingds like that (I will start a new thread for that).
I hope I have answered everyone questions and if not then just let me know.
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2003, 06:25:21 AM »
The only thing we have to add is thanks...:D

Oh yes--and will  you email me your info--I have a drawing to complete as well ;D

You are so special--thanks again, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Stacey

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2003, 02:32:36 PM »
Hi Shaz

I got my info :) Going to go out this weekend to buy something :)

Stacey

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2003, 04:23:28 PM »
And if anyone has questions to ask there pal (the one they are posting TO, they can just email me and I will ask it.
Say it could be... Sharon do you use crutches still? or do you ........ ? etc
(this may make it easier if you get stuck on something to post off (or need a little help with size or colour or WHAT EVER....).
Sharon