Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Can I whine here?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline blossom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Can I whine here?
« on: May 07, 2007, 04:16:01 PM »
Okay,  I am a 37 y/o female.  I dislocated my patella 9 weeks ago.  This is nothing new, since I have lived with dislocations my whole life.  But this recent one was pretty bad.  My OS told me the time for TTT/LR surgery was long overdue!  Because of work issues, I cannot have the surgery until November.  In the mean time, I am dealing with pain, aches, swelling, and the inability to fully straighten my leg.  I am sick of limping!  I am unable to do the things I enjoy, like going hiking with my family  :'(.....We went to a festival this past weekend and I had to sit in a chair most of the time....on the bright side, I am able to ride my bike; the knee actually feels good when I am doing that.  I know that it could be worse.  I just wanted to come here to whine and complain since friends, co-workers and family members do not truly understand what I am going through.  Thanks!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Can I whine here?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »
This is the right place to get support from others that know what you are going through.
Meanwhile can a brace help you or taping the knee ? Could you use a cane or crutches to unload the joint some ?
After surgery and rehab you will be able get back to what you enjoy in life. Maybe the surrounding know what you are going through somehow but don't know how to help you or respond.
Try to get some interests meanwhile that can give you something to concentrate on.  I know this is tough on you, but I am sure you will make this through and soon be out do what you enjoy again.
Come here talk and went when you need, we are here for you.

BIG HUGS NETTAN 8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

trainwreck

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 04:04:50 AM »
November must seen really far away to you.  Don't fret the limping.  There are worse things.  What are you going to do to manage your pain and sanity unti your surgery?  Of course you can come here and vent.  I certainly have done it a time or thirty.  i think you should think of a plan for how you're going to manage from now until surgery.  What do you think?  Are you game?
Allison

Offline blossom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 04:44:43 PM »
Thanks!

Yes, November seems like an eternity.  The pain is not really too bad...just mild aches and some days I over do it and it's worse.  I just hate the limping.  Its hard to recognize that I can't do everything that I want  ;).  I really appreciate the kind words.  I had a bad weekend, and I just needed to vent!

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Blossom whine all you want and vent all you want we all go thru the melt downs from time to time and lean on each othere that is the beauty of the board
I hate limping too but would rather limp than not walk at all
I understand not doing what you want to when you want to that is a hard pill to take
Vent any time you want we all will listen
Hugs to you
Caren
Caren

support