Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Extreme funny-bone feeling when knee hit  (Read 12668 times)

Offline Nancy T

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Extreme funny-bone feeling when knee hit
« on: December 31, 2006, 06:00:15 AM »
I accidentally bumped my right knee--actually the soft area just above my kneecap--on the arm of an upholstered armchair and got a severely uncomfortable and painful feeling that was VERY much like hitting the funnybone in your elbow. It went away after a few seconds.

I never had this happen before. Is this normal?? I'm sure I've hit my knee on things a million times in my life, but never had this happen before.

This is the knee that I injured somehow in 1990 and has recently caused me some problems with painful "catches" and feeling like the knee is about to dislocate (though it never does, and the painful things are very rare now).

Anyone else had the "funnybone" feeling above your knee after a minor hit?

Nancy

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Extreme funny-bone feeling when knee hit
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 09:51:59 AM »
Nancy..I have had that and it has felt like the elbow you talk about. Nothing serious have happened after only some bruising. I'm pretty sure nothing did happen. You need to hit your knee hard to get damages. So relax and ice the knee if you still feels sore.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Nancy T

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 05:15:47 AM »
Thanks, Nettan... it only hurt for a minute (really a few seconds, but they were LONG seconds and in front of my whole extended family which was embarrassing!--I bumped it trying to navigate around a recliner in a room full of extra and rearranged furniture for the occasion). No ice needed, fortunately! It was just such a new and surprising thing to happen--I didn't know your knee had a "funnybone" too!

Nancy

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »
Nancy, I call my knees for Aliens..so it's definately funny bones in there ;D :P
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.