Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Just want to Cheer Up and be Happy!!!!!!!!  (Read 8771 times)

Offline Garnet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Just want to Cheer Up and be Happy!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2007, 11:39:27 PM »
Wow that seemed quick, Deborah, I hope you are comfortable and fingers crossed this will help you.  I will keep my toes crossed as well. LOL  We just have to keep positive and not think about those other options if this one doesnt work, hey.  My husband keeps reminding me that.  I keep saying so far so good.

Best Wishes
Wyn
Lt TKR July 07
Lt thinning of patella,osteotomy, periosteal graft,
hole in patella,loss of cartilage Oct 06
Lt lateral patella release/chondroplasty Feb 06
Rt shoulder acromioplasty
Back injury,disc bulges,one degenerated
Hip bursitis
Cortisone lt knee,lt hip,rt sacrolliac joint,2 rt shoulder

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2007, 07:19:51 PM »
Hi there,

OK Wyn, be careful crossing toes - no falling!!!  I'm back to the land of the living - sort of.  Was feeling really good today and then of course what did I do... to much - sometimes I just don't learn.  Tried to go without my crutches around the house so now I'm back on the couch and you guessed it hurting.  I am not a good patient which I know many will understand.  Actually, pain is really not too bad but I can tell it was getting swollen (what am I thinking one day post).  I've promised myself to be better - use the stupid crutches and just take it easy. 

I hope you're doing well.  You too - don't do too much.  I know that we all see things that have to be done and try to do them.  Before I came on to post I was thinking I could go upstairs and get some laundry done - ok not!!  I'll just have Chris do it when he comes home.  I can be so stubborn.

Take care and I'll be back on later to see how things are going.  And, again thanks for all the well wishes.

Deborah

Offline Garnet

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2007, 01:41:53 AM »
Mmm, yes I learnt my lesson doing a bit of housework, my girlfriend rang and has had six knee surgeries, ending up in a TKR.  She went right off at me, said our surgeon wouldnt want me doing that yet.  Suffered yesterday. And today. Not feeling good like a 76 year old or rather alot are better than me at 46.  My Grandmother was, she was still playing tennis.  The back of my knee felt weak and sore and I couldnt use one crutch I was back to two by the time hubby came home from work. He wasnt happy and got really cranky with me.  :'( I couldnt wait to do a quick dinner, I just had a tin of soup.  I am drugged up again and feeling a bit stronger in the knee today.  The body is sore though.

I have a problem, my friend with the permanent disability and husband have told me I dont need medication for this fibromyalgia, but I am feeling really not good since I stopped the anti inflammatories and think I need the anti depressants.  This is the only friend oh maybe one that doesnt believe in them.  But I look at them and they are miserable most of the time because one of them has permanently bad legs and arthritis and the other has psoriatic arthritis.  So I dont think I will listen to them or hubby, my best friend seems to really understand, she is the one I see the most.

I have to learn to take things easier for a while, but house was so dusty and grimey and a certain husband kept saying something but never got around to it because he is too busy at work.  ;)

Cant understand men, there were shows last night telling you not to have take away.  So he said no more take away.  I said well can we have a healthy choice meal at a restaurant, pub or club.  He said no I am not going out just want to veg out at home.  Told me I was spoilt and demanding, he would take me out Saturday, (but that never happens) I didnt want to do that, I just after an optometrist appointment wanted to stop on the way home eat dinner, come straight home.  No cooking tonight, and guess what he said no we are having take away  ::). Cant win  ;)

So I am not worrying about this healthy thing anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats my winge for the day, mmmmmmmm he is right I am a winger.  Oh well I am trying to get motivated around here.

Hope you are feeling well, take care and best wishes
Wyn
Lt TKR July 07
Lt thinning of patella,osteotomy, periosteal graft,
hole in patella,loss of cartilage Oct 06
Lt lateral patella release/chondroplasty Feb 06
Rt shoulder acromioplasty
Back injury,disc bulges,one degenerated
Hip bursitis
Cortisone lt knee,lt hip,rt sacrolliac joint,2 rt shoulder

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2007, 08:55:41 PM »
Hi Wyn,

First, houses can stay dusty - thats my theory.  My husband will clean but only if I ask him to.  He never seems to notice and just do it.  So I've started asking.  And actually, I don't really care too much.  We're not having any big parties and if a friend drops by and doesn't like that my house is dirty they should feel free to grab a rag and dust -- lol

Second, no they don't get it.  I said that early in one of my posts.  My husband is very sweet but he does not get how hard this is on me.  I know it is hard on him sometimes too but he doesn't seem to get the gravity of my possibly having to give up my career or how hard it is to be in constant pain.  He tries to be supportive and really does the best he can but his answer is always - "it will be ok" or "everything will work out".  Good answers but now always what I want to hear.

I'm sorry you are not getting a lot of support at home.  Don't worry about what your friends think and I don't mean this as harsh as it is going to sound but don't worry about what your husband thinks either.  You have to take care of Wyn.  And, if that means being on medication for depression or the fibromyalgia then that is what you have to do for yourself.  I'm not a huge fan of just throwing medication at a problem but sometimes you need meds.  You should not be living in pain just to make someone else happy that you are not taking drugs.  So, listen to your body and do what it needs you to do. 

Chris said that when I can move better we'll go away for a long weekend and he'll plan everything.  I'm not holding my breath.  He is happy to go away with me but normally I have to plan everything.  We'll see if he can really do it this time.  It won't be for a few weeks - I'm not moving very well right now.

So, I had my first PT apt. today.  Its only two days post-op and I'm sore as .... well fill in the blank with whatever bad words you want.  I love my PT guy (not only is he cute as can be which doesn't hurt) but he also knows how important my career is to me and works me very hard to get results.  Today, when I got there I was not able to straighten very much or bend it without pulling it with my hands.  We did some stretching and he helped me get it extended which felt great (kind of like that big stretch you need sometimes).  We did very easy workout today with some bending and straightening.  It felt really good afterward until the ride home.  Then with it sitting on one position again it got very stiff.  I don't know what I want after two days.  Actually I do but I'm just going to have to be patient with myself and work the knee easy until it lets me know we can work it more.  Have three visits for next week and really hope I can start driving to them.  My brother took me today and he's a little grumpy to be around so hoping I can get there on my own.  Probably not but maybe by the end of next week anyway.

Let me know how you're doing and you know you can say anything here so vernt if you need to but take care of Wyn.  She deserves the best.   Talk to you later.  Deborah

support