Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MRI - whats going on???  (Read 725 times)

Offline scruff

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Every step you take is another towards your goal
MRI - whats going on???
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »
Just a quick question...
How long are you supposed to wait on the NHS for the results of an MRI to come back? I had mine done in September and was told the results would be with my consultant in a couple of weeks, who would then write to me and let me know a date for a follow up appointment. I have heard absolutely NOTHING. Is this normal for the NHS or have they forgotten about me?
Getting worried now.... has anyone else out there been left in the dark? ???

02/04/06 - injured L knee
18/05/06 - x-rays taken, no bone/joint damage seen
16/09/06 - MRI scan taken
TODAY - STILL WAITING for results!!! :-(

Offline zoe499

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: MRI - whats going on???
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
Hello

I would get on the phone to them my son had his MRI scan end of Nov and by the 15 Dec 06 he had the results and a follow up appointment... The thing is everything now is done on computer so it only takes a couple of days for the scan to be looked at

Get on the phone and give them a kick up the arse!!!!

Zoe

Offline paulgrech

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: MRI - whats going on???
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 10:08:32 AM »
Hi- I suspect your report has gone astray. Check with the x-ray department first and ask if the report has been done- they should be able to tell you over the phone though they shouldn't tell you the result. If it has been reported check where the report was sent and if correct ask them to send or fax another. If its not been reported you have grounds for complaint but you are unlikely to get more than an apology but at least someone will get their butt kicked into shape
We try and report MRIs in 24hrs in Hereford but it often takes days for the report to get through the post so we rely on fax for urgent and private patients.
www.uk-radiology.co.uk

support