Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Worried and Scared!!  (Read 3373 times)

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Worried and Scared!!
« on: December 26, 2006, 07:42:13 PM »
Hey Everyone.
Well, I know I posted a few weeks ago, asking if I need to go back to see my os or not. Well, I gave it time until now, and the pain is getting worse. So I have an appointment one January 2. I am so scared and worried that I will have to have more surgery. I had my first surgery ever and it was on my left knee and had Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment. That was such a painful and long recovery. 40 staples, infection, having to undergo another surgery to close my wound, it just took a toll on me. After putting all my weight on my right knee, it is killing me. I have "what I consider a severe" knock-knee and its always been my "bad" knee and its being giving me really bad pain. I have looked in to surgery for knock-knee and it looks very painful. So I know I am rambling, but I am so worried that I will have to have surgery again. But I also know
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Philippians 4:13.
Anyways, I am hoping to hear some encouraging replies because I really need it.
Thanks!
God Bless,
Jennifer
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 07:51:05 PM by TBCGurl »
June 19,2006-Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment (LK)
August 15,2006-Wound closure from last surgery (LK)
January 15,2007 Meniscus Repair (RK)
January 27, 2009 Open Wedge Distal Femoral Varus Osteotomy (RK)...

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Worried and Scared!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:34:04 AM »
Hi Jennifer,

First, take a deep breath.  Then go see your OS and see if surgery will be necessary.  It is very easy for us to worry about things we think might be happening.  Believe me this is just human nature and not anywhere we have not all be in at some time or another.  You know that if the news is that surgery is needed you can do it.  There is so much support on this site and it sounds like you have a strong faith.  So relax, try not to worry (know this is easier said than done but try) and go see your doctor.  January 2nd is a week away and then maybe you'll have at least started to get the answers you need.  Take care and let me know how you do at the doctor - Deborah

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 01:22:01 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement, I know I worry way to much. But I just want to say thanks for replying, because I don't know why but no one ever replies to me. But thanks again! Have a wonderful day!
Jennifer

brianne

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 01:40:01 AM »
Jennifer,

Knee surgery is never fun.  I don't think there is one person in the world that would look forward to knee surgery.  You are only six months removed from major knee surgery and what was obviously a long and painful recovery.  Its totally understandable that you would be scaried and worried about even the possibility of having to go through another knee surgery.  You are so brave for your age.  Take a few deep breaths and wait to see what your OS says when you see him on January 2nd. 

Let God be your strength.  Outside of Him we have nothing in this world.  I know it is way easier to say that someone should trust in God than actually trust in God yourself.  You have an amazing faith...lean on that always. 

Take it easy and be sure to let us know how the appointment goes on Jan. 2nd.  If you do need more knee surgery, God will get you through.  I'll be praying for you.

God Bless,

Brianne

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:48:47 AM »
Hey Jennifer~

Sorry to hear that you're still having all of this pain!! :-\  Everyone is right that has replied.  Just wait and see what your OS has to say and then go from there.  I really really hope that you can get some answers from your OS because I know how frustrated you are.  Take care and always have faith!!

~Mandy :D 
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline hntndaylight

• Regular Poster
    • Ironheart-Images
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 06:31:55 AM »
I cant imagine how you must feel. Im a worrier too, about everything. If it hadnt been an accident I dont know if I would have ever gone in to see about getting my knee cut on. For sure after I had it done I know I wouldnt have, lol.

Whatever happens, go to the best surgeons you can find for what you have and take your time. My OS has a sign, 'bones and joints take time'. He's also got the lowest recurrence and infection rate of any surgeon in the state. If you need more surgery, then you need it. Two years of recovery against a lifetime of problems without it is a small price to pay.

Here's wishing you all my best though in the days ahead.

David
40 years old
R. k. ruptured PCL, MCL, tibial plateau fracture, and  double  meniscus tears in farm accident, Oct 15, 06.

Reattached/repaired scope and open knee surgery Oct 27, 06.

R.K 'clean up'  meniscus, plica, scar tissue, arthritis with scope Dec 28, 2007

Absent ACL found Dec 28, 2007

Offline cadenz2

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 12:05:10 PM »
This scripture might help lower your stress a little, I know it has mine,

Romans 5 ...... glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 06:11:43 PM »
Thanks everyone!
I know everything happens for a reason. Still like you said, no one looks forward to surgery, but I would rather get it done now then later on in life. I think I get worried more because I know what to expect. My last surgery had a wound that didn't heal and I got infections. Look at my pictures and you can see. But I know I can do ALL things through Christ! I will be sure to post on Tuesday when I get home! Thanks a lot for the encouragement and the kind words!
Thanks!
God Bless!
Jennifer

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »
Well, my os appointment is this afternoon at 4:00pm. Just enough time to get home from school, change and leave again..lol.. But I am still nervous but i guess I will hear the judgement this afternoon. So, please keep me in your prayers. I will let you know how everything goes!
God Bless,
Jennifer

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 12:26:55 AM »
Hey Everyone,
Well, i went to see my os. He didnt really say much, but I am going Friday to get a MRI, so we will have more answers then. I go back to get the results on Wed.
Thanks for all the support!
Jennifer

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 01:39:44 AM »
I go see my OS tomorrow. I got my MRI on friday. My mom got the results, even though we cant understand everything it said, it didnt look good. I will let you guys know what happens! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 02:51:17 AM »
Hi Jennifer,

Hope the news is not bad tomorrow.  Good luck and let us know what your OS said.  Wishing you the best. Deborah

brianne

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 04:14:41 AM »
I'll be praying for you Jennifer.  Be sure to let us know how your OS appointment goes tomorrow.

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
Well, I went to the OS. The are going to have to do a scope to fix the meniscal tear. There was some other things that they are concerned about but while they are in there they will look around. Hopefully they will not find anything else. My OS doesnt want to wait until  summer because it could get worse so I will be doing it sometime soon i guess. I am just glad that its nothing like my other surgery. Thanks for the prayers! I will keep you posted!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:37:01 AM by TBCGurl »

Offline lovemybones

• Regular Poster
  • "every thought we think is creating our future"-LH
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
Good luck!!  I've had painful knee surgeries too and long recoveries.  However, the scopes weren't too bad.  Hope your surgery and recovery are easy and successful.

~Crystal
10/05 motorcycle crash - pilon fracture right tib/fib,ankle, foot, 1st metatarsal & thumb - 3 surgeries, 2 plates & 18 screws
12/05 fell down stairs in short cast, femoral condyle fracture (right knee)
11/06 femoral osteotomy & ankle hardware removal + 1 femur plate & 6 screws in knee
1/07 mua