Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: OBI TruFit Synthetic Plugs  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Athlete Mom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
OBI TruFit Synthetic Plugs
« on: December 14, 2006, 03:46:56 AM »
My 13 year old son had OBI plugs inserted 6 months ago (lateral femoral condyle defect).  He has had a long, hard road to recovery -- the protocol was very tedious, however I am pleased to report that the doctor did a scope today to see how the defect was healing and he told me that the defect (which was 1.5 cm in diameter) was completely filled in.  He feels that my son will be able to return to his life at 100%.  Of course, time will tell . . . he has only been working with a trainer and walking since the last surgery . . . we'll see what happens when he's cleared for running in January . . . but for now, it's very good and encouraging news. 

Offline Jo-knee

• Regular Poster
  • I will not give up.
Re: OBI TruFit Synthetic Plugs
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 04:24:45 AM »
That's great, so glad to hear when people have good outcomes. 

Joanie
Gotta love that ice!  10/05 lat menisectomy, microfracture to 2 medial femoral defects.

Offline EMANN

• Forum Faithful
Re: OBI TruFit Synthetic Plugs
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 12:40:39 AM »
GREAT NEWS ATHLETE MOM!!!!  I'm glad to keep hearing the success cases with the OBI Plugs.  Hopefully your son can resume running and get back to an active athletic life (baseball!).  Keep us updated and let us know when he is able to run!  Have a great holiday.

support