Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: creaking knees  (Read 7685 times)

Offline LindaGZ

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
creaking knees
« on: June 11, 2003, 10:50:12 PM »
Hi all!
Several years ago, I purchased one of those "gliders" for exercising in my home. After using it for about a month, I noticed that my knees started creaking when I go up or down stairs or when I bend or unbend them. I asked my DR about it and he said that the inside of my knee cap was rippled and not to worry. The layout of my homes for the past 7-8 years has been all on one level with stairs to a basement that I do not use frequently. Last August I started a new job in an older building and my office is on the second floor with no elevator. I experience pain almost every day, not only when I use the stairs, but when I drive my car, sometimes I will get a sharp pain when I lift my foot from the gas pedal to the brake pedal. The creaking is so loud that I'm sure people must be able to hear it ! You can also "feel" it if you were to put your hand on my knee as I bend it. My DR still insists that it is nothing to worry about. Anyone have any thoughts on this? ???

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
Re: creaking knees
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 03:42:59 AM »
hi linda--and welcome  to the board...

creaking,  in and by itself, is not  always a sign of something gone wrong in knees...

however when pain accompanies it, that is a different issue.  pain is a sign that something is not right...

have you seen an OS about it?  i'd definitely go that route--and if you have or don't  get satisfaction,  go for a second opinion.  it is probably a good idea to have asome pictures taken or whatever--and a good os will  want to get to the bottom of things.

goodluck wth it--i do hope it is something easily cared  for and that you can get on with things soon.  take care, sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 104
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 11:13:51 PM by admin »
--
KNEEguru

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
Re: creaking knees
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 09:07:55 AM »
Hi Linda-

Creaking in the knee usually occurs when there is any tyoe of inflammation in the joint.  So again, the creaking itself should not be anything to worry about.

I would suggest to you, echoing Sylvia, to see an OS as pain is not normal and indicates that something just isn't right.

Let us know what happens.

-Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries