Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables  (Read 4244 times)

Offline their

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:27:01 AM »

Offline joew

• Regular Poster
Re: Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:13:03 AM »
I started taking it about a month ago.  See drtheo.com for a reliable source.  After a month I feel somewhat better, but it is too soon to tell.  I plan on taking it for several months.
7/02: ACL and medial meniscus tear playing basketball
9/02: ACLR; meniscus repair (local OS)
2003-2005: Patella grinding and pain after surgery.
12/05: Scope. Patella and trochlear groove debridement (kissing lesion).  Partial medial meniscectomy. (local OS)
5/07:  LOA/AIR, plica removal (Vail)

Offline michaelt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »
Hi,

I have been using AvoSoy for almost 3 years.   I cancelled meniscus surgery 3 years ago (to repair a level 3 tear) to try and rehab it myself.  I take many other supplements, as well.

I have worked somewhat diligently at the knee rehap, doing about 30 minutes of leg exercises 3 times per week (say, 45 weeks per year) and 1-2 times per week the other weeks.

One big deal for me is I can run again in the past year...on a padded treadmill, but I can run 3 miles...having been on crutches and hobbling, I am pleased with this improvement.  But, I have no idea which is the help..if AvoySoy really grows cartiledge, as Dr. Theo claims.

I also do a series of leg exercises, pilates, and bike 2 times per week on the road (approximately 30-40 miles NJ hills). However, as you know if you have a torn meniscus, that means little in terms of meniscus health, as biking is one of the therapies, as it is an up/down motion, not the painful lateral motion that occurs when the meniscus tears.

This spring I plan on trying lateral movement (tennis first, then see how that goes...ultimately I want to get back to skiing).  That will be the big test.

If anyone else has experiences to share I'd love to hear them.

-Michael

support