Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: How long NWB after ACL revision (HS autograft) and microfracture?  (Read 905 times)

Offline cabbie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi all...

I had ACL revision (previously reconstructed via patellar tendon) using hamstring autograft on 10/27.  Also had microfracture procedure on the medial femoral condyle and the inter-condylar notch-posterior portion.  Don't know the exact size of the defects...assume they are "average".

OS originally advised me that I would be non-weight bearing for six weeks.  Saw him this morning and was advised that NWB period would actually be eight weeks.

I have full ROM...only slight swelling.  Graft appears to be in place and holding.  Some occasional slight pain on the medial joint line, but nothing to write home about.

Any of you had a similar procedure?  If so, what was your NWB period?  I have a 3 y/o son and a 9 month old daughter...I can't possibly be on crutches for another 5 weeks!!  I know that post-op plan depends in large part on where in the knee the microfracture was performed (i.e.: if done on lateral side, recovery is usually quicker and can weight-bear sooner than on medial side, etc.)...give me your stories...and thanks!

Offline reggieandabears

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: How long NWB after ACL revision (HS autograft) and microfracture?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:47:45 AM »
I feel your hurry to get off crutches because of the kids.
I have a five and a ten year old.
I was on crutches, NWB for 12 weeks after a microfracture on the medial femorial condyl. Do everything the OS says about NWB.

Good luck!
tripped and fell at work Jan.06
Knee Arthroscope April 2006,w/ plica removal, microfracture, diag, OA.