Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ???? Definitions Please ?????  (Read 713 times)

Offline shmily

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
???? Definitions Please ?????
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:02:42 AM »
 ???  I am just wondering exactly what some of the abbreviations that are used on this website mean. I know that NWB means non weight bearing. but there are some others I am not quite sure of. Like TTT.. what is it and what is it they actually do?? I am having a High Tibial Osteotomy (HTO) I assume, the 27th of December and I have been reading some of the post to know what to expect, what to have ready for after, (like the idea of snap away pants) but I am getting ready.. but some of the abb. are confusing.. would appreciate any that you have that might be used on here.. even if I know what they mean.. others that read this may not.. thanks everybody.. this place is great!!!!    Sheri

Offline itigo

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: ???? Definitions Please ?????
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 08:26:58 AM »
Mornin'!

Wow, for someone not sleeping well at the moment, I'm going for it this morning! Normally fast asleep now...

I have found that there is a whole section of this site devoted to abbreviations. Here's the link.....

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?board=2.0

Hopefully this will get you to the right place - if not it's in the Library section of the bulletin boards....The earliest pages seem to have the basic abbreviation answers on them.....

HTH (Hope this helps!!)

Itigo x
1990 dislocated LK in hockey
1990 arthroscopy - debridement, cartilage removal
05 LK unstable and painful
May 06 dx tilting kneecaps
Nov 06 arthroscopy and open LR
Oct 07 debridement arthroscopy
Sept 09 - May 13 subluxing frequently
May 13 TTT and MPFL reconstruction

Offline Audice

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:31:55 AM »
Hi Sheri ~ If you click on the Website button at the top of the screen, & scroll down the left side of the page that opens, it'll take you to the Kneeguru dictionary. I think you'll find most of the terms you're reading are defined there. Wishing you well...Ellie
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

Offline shmily

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 01:00:53 PM »
Thank you both.. I will look through them when I get home from work this evening.. I bet it will help me understand what others are talking about... thanks again....Sheri