Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: anyone try synvisc (sp)  (Read 925 times)

Offline mattdillon

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
anyone try synvisc (sp)
« on: November 28, 2006, 03:47:07 AM »
my friend had a knee problem (bone on bone) doctor gave him 3 injections of something called synvisc (might be the wrong spelling) and he found it works great ! anyone else try it ?

Offline just_jill

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: anyone try synvisc (sp)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 04:08:26 PM »
I had a series of synvisc injections in my right knee in September, 2003.  The first two injections went off without a hitch, but the third one was extremely painful.  Was almost like the needle hit a brickwall as it went in my knee.  It almost seems like that was the turning point on my knee as it actually seemed to get worse after that.  My OS stated he'd done all he could do for me and would be willing to make a referral to another OS who did other procedures if I wanted to proceed on with more aggressive treament.

I had TTT (Fulkerson's) surgery in January 2005.  I've had several series of injections since then with good luck, but it was not synvisc as my new OS uses a different brand name (which for the life of me I can't remember at this point).

My mom, on the other hand, who needs both knees replaced has had several series of synvisc over the past couple years in both knees and has had very good success.

40 yrs old
3/02 - horse riding accident
1/03 - LR, debri clean up, PT
9/04 - Synvisc injections
12/04 - off to see new OS
1/28/05 - AMZ & LR

Offline kytxrn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: anyone try synvisc (sp)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 02:34:13 AM »
I had the Hyalgan injections (similar to the Synvisc but requires 5 injections vs 3 for the Synvisc). First injection was a breeze, but got sick the next day - figure I ate something that didn't agree with me. The second injection was painful - and became terribly ill a few hours after the injection. I developed the same GI distress I had the week before, then also developed a sytemic allergic reaction - so the injections ceased after that second injection. I did have a short period of pain relief in the knee - my knee felt like it was floating on a pillow - awesome!  I know many folks have had good results with the products -