Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: help! as in, seriously help  (Read 669 times)

Offline Omnion

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
help! as in, seriously help
« on: November 27, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »
okay, so 2 days ago i was out with some friends, and on an escalator, going down.  one of my friends thought he saw someone and ran back up (he was only about 3 steps down at the time).  the clattering sound gave me a shock- i thought he'd fallen.  so i turned and fell, my knee hitting the edge of the step.  sharp as hell.
it was sore, but didn't hurt too much.  so i continued down and met up with some more folks at the coffee bar.  i sit down and my girlfriend says "oh my god, your leg's bleeding!".  i realised it was worse than i thought.

turned out the wounds were both small, but relatively deep (maybe 5 mm at most).  i got home, got my mum (nurse) to bandage it up.  it's bruised quite badly inside i think.

now walking is a pain.  i need a pole (a map of the world in a plastic tube...high budget stuff eh) to walk, and even then it's painful.  if i stand for too long i find sitting down hard.  if i sit down for too long it takes me ages to stand up.

the worst problem is my knee 'caving', i.e. it feels like my kneecap is caving inwards (thought it's not) and i feel like i'm going to fall over.  i've not broken my knee (I know that's technically impossible, but you know what i mean) as it only hurts when i bend it more than about 30 degrees.

i think i might have prepatellar bursitis.

i have exams coming up, and i really don't need to be disabled in time for them.  what kind of recovery time am i looking at?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:55:51 PM by Omnion »

Offline peggy1

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: help! as in, seriously help
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:11:02 PM »
Hello,

Breaking your knee is definitely possible. I broke mine when I fell 5 months ago. Please make an appointment with an orthopaedic doctor and have that knee checked out.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Peggy