Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: HI from a newbie  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Beaniebanks

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
HI from a newbie
« on: November 26, 2006, 10:52:40 AM »
Hi everyone

I am new so just wanted to introduce myself, I am 33 (on fri) and being tested for RA on my knees I was run over 20 years ago and since then the left knee as never been right in cold weather. Alas I get pain in both knees now and thought time had come to see GP. He is doing bloods and xrays.  I am worried after reading the post that the bloods will show negative and I will be left in pain!

Its really hard to explain the pain to someone who does'nt understand so thought I would join you and I can moan to someone who does.

Zoe

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: HI from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:08:04 PM »
Zoe, welcome here..you have really come to right place. And here you can moan how much you need to and get support back.
Hope the tests will show something. No need you should be left in pain even if the tests doesn't show anything. If they don't show anything there are other things to find out what's causing your pain.Is it the first tests or appointments you are doing to get this sorted out ?
Anyway welcome !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Beaniebanks

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »
Hi Nettan

Thank you for the welcome,

I have suffered in my left leg for years especially when its cold but never gone to dr as I thought it was to do with getting run over. But now have pain in both knees, so went last week and it will be the first lot of test. I was warned when accident happened I had a risk of arthritis, but expected it when I was ooooooo about 70.  Needless to say I am very anxious at the minute and trying to flex all my joints to see if they hurt, the dr bless him did'nt panic me but my symptoms are classic. Hoping in a strange way that the blood test show something so I know a reason why they hurt. The x ray is on , right leg so I doubt that will show anything but Left leg will show abnormalities due to accident, so Dr said.

Its awful having any knee pain I feel like I walk in a very strange way some days ;D And to get a nights sleep where you are comfy in bed and don't get waken in the morning with aches and then walk around like you climb Mountains in your sleep would be fantastic.

How did everyone else find out they had arthritis and what did the test show?

Zoe

Offline Melvina

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 12:55:14 PM »
Hi, 

I'm new to the site as well :-\.  I stumbled on to here whilst looking what my next knee operation will entail.

I've been reading through some of these messages and I think it's great that there is a supportive site like this.  It's really stopped me feeling sorry for myself.  I didn't realise how many people were out there.

Melvina
Accident January 22nd 2005
MCL tear, cartilidge damage, lost ACL & PCL right knee
Arthroscopy to mend MCL & cartilidge March 1st 2006
Waiting for ACL/PCL reconstruction