Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Newbie - your thoughts.  (Read 821 times)

Offline Grave Maurice

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Newbie - your thoughts.
« on: November 24, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »
Hi, newbie here.

I was due to get to a physio on Monday coming but can't get as I'mm going to be away for a fortnight so was looking for some thoughts or advice on my knee injury.

I'm a skateboarder and always wear knee pads but recently, three weeks ago, had a freak fall when just mucking about and landed on concrete on my right knee.

It was grazed and tender so I did the bag of frozen peas thing for a couple of days to reuce swelling but after a week it actually seemed a bit more tender/painfull once the swelling had gone down. It's actually been a bit painful down my shin too and I don't remember having hit my shins recently.

My pain now has gone down a good bit but I've got a sharp pain to the bottom, left or top of my knee cap when putting heavy strain on my knee such as geting up from a chair, out of the car right foot first, going up stairs either steeper one sor two steps at a time seems much worse.

My leg doesn't feel week or wobbly just my knee has smed tight or stiff as if my hand has been griped over it almost.

Any advice thoughts on what it might be at this stage and anything I can do to help move things along.
Thanks

Hop skip n jump

Re: Newbie - your thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 02:49:44 PM »
Hi Maurice

Sorry to hear that you've had a fall, ouch! If you are unable to attend physio can you at least speak to someone at their office to get some advice? Other than icing, elevating and taking anti inflammatory's we can't really offer any help. It would be irresponsible of us to do so as we can't be sure what you may have done.

Please go and get your leg checked out, it's always better to be safe than sorry. Hope you're feelig better soon.

Hop  ;)

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 206
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 03:47:11 PM »
I dont think that we are qualified to give you a diagnosis - but it is vital that you get a qualified Doctor or Orthopaedic Consultant to look at your knee. 

It would be foolish to leave it much longer without proper attention.

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 03:49:11 PM »
Here Here!

;D