Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: sudden onset of pain 3rd day post-op  (Read 1217 times)

Offline ibreakhearts66

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
sudden onset of pain 3rd day post-op
« on: November 25, 2006, 01:11:34 AM »
hi everyone,
so i just had my knee scoped on wednesday. they ended up not actually doing anything in there. the tear in my meniscus didn't go all the way through to the surface, so there was nothing they can do about it (i actually have a question about that on the meniscus section if anyone can help...)

well everything has been fine. a little painful, but fine. i haven't needed to use the crutches, and i took toradol 2 times and took some advil last night. well now, as i'm getting ready to go out and watch a soccer game, i'm having a sharp pain on the back, medial side of my leg. i wouldn't call it my knee, because its a little higher. it feels like its along the hamstring tendon, but i'm not sure.

has anyone experienced this? its not a crippling pain or anything, but i'm just concerned. i want to be back playing sports asap! do you think i should use my crutches until it goes away or we figure out what it is?
16 years old

8-03 unhappy triad LK, undiagnosed by an idiot of an OS so now i wear a donjoy
PFS for the lasat 7 years or so
10-06 Cortizone shot LK
11-06 Scope for torn meniscus RK
3-07 right ankle recon

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: sudden onset of pain 3rd day post-op
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 01:23:37 AM »
I  had a lot of pain and stiffness in the back of my leg after my arthroscopy / microfracture.  My PT said that there's nothing back there except muscles and tendons and neither he nor my OS were very concerned about it.  I found then doing some gentle stretches (VERY GENTLE) helped.  I found that it was more effective to just do a couple of hamstring and archilies tendon stretches pereodically through out the day then one long stretching session.  It took a long time for me to get my hamstring and tendons so they didn't feel tight any more.

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:55:52 AM »
Call your OS if you are in pain.     I pulled a hamstring going up the stairs today on my good leg.  ..  My"good" leg is now the knee I will be getting a Tkr ..  and If I stand on it.. too long it locks.     

Ice will work wonders for the pain.   Please call your OS if you are in pain.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »
I believe you can relax. Normal to get pain like that after a scope. It will get better with stretching and some iceing.
Try take it easy and don't overdo.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
I can share that with both of my knee surgeries the pain was the worst at day 3, I don't know if it has to do with all the good drugs they give you at the hospital finally getting out of your system, or if the pain of the surgery itself isn't fully felt until that time. I just found it odd that many, many people I talked to here had higher pain levels at days 3, 4 and even 5. You will be quickly improved in about a week to 10. Hang in there!  ;D
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

support