Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: *UPCOMING SUGERY ON NOVEMBER 28th*  (Read 9526 times)

Offline Lindsay1189

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
*UPCOMING SUGERY ON NOVEMBER 28th*
« on: November 22, 2006, 03:37:37 AM »
****On Tuesday, November 28th I will be having my 3rd knee surgery.  Thanks to my last OS my LMO muscle is now detached from its correct postion.  The new OS is going to go in through a big incision and try to pull my muscle back down and reattach it to its original position.  I also have severe tendonitis that will not go away and they are going to do surgery to remove that as well.  I also have a lot of grinding and popping in my knee so hopefully they will be able to clean up some of the scar tissue and worn down cartilage in my knee. 

I AM EXTREMELY NERVOUS ABOUT THIS SURGERY.   The OS said that he is sure he can get rid of the tendonitis but as for my messed up muscle....he says he is going to do the best that he can to try and pull it down to its proper position.  Hopefully this is will put and end to all of my problems.  The thing I'm worried about is that this surgery that he is doing is a surgery that he says is fairly rare and is not performed that often.  I hope everything goes well.

I am a senior in highschool and I had a dream of cheering for NC State University, but tryouts are this April so it is probably unlikely that i will be doing my TUMBLING by then.  After my surgery I am going to have to be on crutches for a little over a month.  So lucky me....I will be doing my Christmas shopping in a wheelchair this year....and will still probably be on crutches for my NEW YEARS DAY birthday....

I am going to miss a whole week of school and i am taking 3 AP classes.  I am so worried that I am going to fall behind.  Sorry to complain because I know there are people out there with far more problems that are a lot more severe than mine.  I just wish I could finally go back to cheering and playing sports my senior year. I have to go to all of the games and sit there in my uniform and its kind of depressing.  I also love to work out and have not been able to do that for nearly 3 years.

I AM TRYING TO THINK POSITIVE HERE THOUGH....hopefully everything will be a success.

*****If anyone has any advice to help me through this surgery then it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Like...if any of you have had to have any work done with your muscles such as a reattachment surgery of some kind....or even tendonitis surgery.....i would LOVE some ensight on it.....THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AND I WILL BE KEEPING IN TOUCH TO LET YOU KNOW HOW EVERYTHING GOES*

<3
  ~Linds~

*2/13/05-Meniscal tear repair/plica removal arthroscopy*
*10/17/05-Lateral Release*
*11/28/06-scheduled for LMO reattachment/tendonitis/cartilage repair surgery*

Offline Kai

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: *UPCOMING SUGERY ON NOVEMBER 28th*
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 04:02:15 AM »
I dont think you are complaining at all.  You have had a rough time and I think you are very brave.  I know that when you are young like you are that these things are even more difficult to deal with.  It means a lot to miss school and to be out of your cheerleading.  BUT..  as long as you are persistant and really want things you will be able to accomplish them no matter what happens to your knee.  It may be a year later, but believe me, a year is not that much in terms of your entire life.  You can use the time to pull something usefull out of the experience.  I really think that one of the most important lessons in life (and one that will make a person very successful) is to take something bad and turn it into something really good.  You already know a lot more about yourself and life than your friends who have not been through what you have been through.  You will understand what it is like to deal with disappoinment, delay, fear, pain as well as how wonderful it is to have people to rely on and how important encouragement and uplifting words are.  Im sorry that I cant tell you about your surgery because as your OS says.. its not that common.  There are people on here who have had similar things done.  I hope they will give you more information about your surgery.  I just wanted you to know that no matter how it comes out (and I will pray that it will come out well) you will be OK...   
ACLR - (patellar BTB autograft) left knee - May 31, 2006
Partial Lateral Meniscectomy right knee Feb 20, 2008
Partial Lateral Meniscectomy right knee Aug 11, 2008

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:05:22 AM »
I know this is easier said then done but really try not to worrie.  It does absolutely no good at all an only zaps your strength and sucks the energy out of you.  I used to be an Emergency Medical Technician and in my experience people who maintain possitive attudes do far better then people with poor, defeatest attitudes.  You need to set some goals, such as:

Follow my doctor's orders to the letter
Give my full cooperation to my physical therapist
Maintain my weight at its current level
Work on my upper body strenghth while I'm waiting for my leg to be ready

And don't forget, you can always go to the game and cheer from the sidelines.  

Offline Kai

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 04:17:47 AM »
Hey Kitten.. Im an EMT too......  :)

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:20:26 AM »
Cool!!  Do you find what I said true?  That  patients  with possitive attutdes do better and get  better faster?

Offline Kai

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 04:23:27 AM »
no question...   the good attitudes are looking for ways to get better...  and are way nicer to help..   so they get more help..  not fair but caregivers are only human...    the poor attitudes seem to glom onto reasons why they have to stay sick..   

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 07:43:52 PM »
Best of Luck.  You will be fine and on the road to healing.  Just remember you should just be in automatic pilot now.  Let the doctor do all the work and worrying.  Your job is after the surgery to get as strong as you can.

I think the worse part of surgery for me is thinking about the anstheisa..      I will have my operation on DEC 6 and still unsure..  Femoral block or epidural.

Offline esklein89

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »
Hey there!
Not sure if you're still active on here anymore, but just curious to hear how your LMO reattachment turned out.  I am pretty much in the same position you were, and the doctors don't seem too optimistic about the surgery.  They say chance of success is 50/50, but at this point, I have no other options, so I'm probably going to go through with it.
What was your experience?

Best,
Emily

support