Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Ruptured Quadriceps Tendon  (Read 393942 times)

Offline AdamGott

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Ruptured Quadriceps Tendon
« Reply #1590 on: November 09, 2019, 12:54:55 AM »
Veteran quad tendon rupture guy checking in! I ruptured my right quad tendon about five years ago and was back to work in three months. Second time around and lots of issues (one being that I am now 52). I tore my tendon while on vacation, couldn't have it repaired until twelve days later (the first time I had it done in four days). I am now at 13 weeks and seem to be pretty stuck at ~95 degrees ROM. I had the dreaded manipulation procedure done at week 12 and doctor manager to get to 110 but was shooting for 120. He also removed some scar tissue. I was stuck at 90 degrees before the manipulation so it did help a little I guess but my quadriceps muscles were really store and are still swelling when used.

Should I be worried? To me it seems that my doctor is worrying about my limited ROM which is now making me worry.

I do PT twice a week and go the gym for a light workout on the other five days. My muscles are slowly returning.

The PT seems to have become a bit medieval as they are now pushing me deep into the pain zone to try and get more flexion.

Offline AdamGott

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Ruptured Quadriceps Tendon
« Reply #1591 on: November 09, 2019, 12:57:53 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the straps on the adjustable knee brace causes any indentations on their quadricep? There is a slight depression above my knee cap. My quadricep muscle is very atrophied from the injury and is like mush, I want to make sure it's plausible that the strap could do that. I am on my second surgery this year, so my quadricep is very weak. Thank you

Yes, happens to me all of the time. I have to tighten the straps so much or the brace just slowly slides down my leg while I am walking.