Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Lizzie  (Read 2454 times)

Iona_-Uk

Lizzie
« on: June 07, 2003, 01:41:38 AM »
Please can we all say a few word in our prayers for our friend Lizzie (if you are not religious, a few thoughts) who sounds like she is going through the most horrendous time of things at the moment.

Please do keep fighting Lizzie, you are such a well thought of person here and if we can give you half as much healing as you've given us, you'll hopefully be better all the sooner.

Iona

SL99

Re: Lizzie
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 02:35:00 AM »
Hang in there Lizzie, we're all pulling for you and keeping you in our thoughts adn prayers.

Take care, be good to yourself and may you soon be back on your feet again. Thinking of you and always here if you need me.  :-*

Love and healing hugs.....Jo
xxx

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 13
    • Check out my photography!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 03:09:12 AM »
Lizzie,

I hope today finds your pain eased.  If not, could someone in a high place please arrange to transfer it to the doctors so they are even more motivated to help you....?

You've been such a comfort to everyone on this board, with your fun posts and virtual holidays, love and bottomless support.  I hope we can provide some of the same comfort to you during this time of pain and uncertainty.  

Take care of yourself, we miss you!

Heather
« Last Edit: June 07, 2003, 03:09:34 AM by hmaxwell »
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • it only hurts when I larf!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 03:40:09 AM »
Lizzie, God bless you kid and may his angels guard and protect you.  You're in my prayers and I hope you're feeling much better soon.  

I really like the idea of enforced empathy through pain transference, that would put the average OS right up on his toes!

I pray your pain will be eased and that God will grant you His healing grace.  
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 04:37:07 AM »
yes indeed--

may the warmth of love care for you and help you to heal carefully and swiftly--so that you are able to continue your ministry of joy and support on others.  you are a special, special person and the world is a better place because you arepart of it...

hugs, sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2003, 08:06:50 AM »
Lizzie,
I also just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying that you will be feeling better soon. You have been such a great support to me and to everyone on this board. Take care of yourself, rest and remember that we are all sending you the strongest healing, no pain vibes that we can!!

Lots of (((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 11:24:28 PM »
Guys

I just keep going back to this thread and want you all to know that I will treasure your words for the rest of my life.  It really helps me to know that I have such wonderful people around to give me the support I need.

Thank you all so much - I just keep coming back to this when I'm feeling down and it makes me feel so much better.

T H A N K S  from the bottom of my heart

Love always
Lizzie xxx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 03:52:23 AM »
Hi Lizzie
Just snding you a huge big hug ((((hug)))) and thank you so much for the snoopy card,I love snoopy too!

Iona

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2003, 03:38:29 AM »
Lizzie's good friend  (who is also an ortho nurse) has just posted that Lizzie is having some serious issues again.

This thread and the prayers need to come back to the surface of everyone's hearts to help her get over yet another hurdle.

Lizzie,

May the light of His love and His real blessings give you the healing and relief you need in this hour.

Bless you and the ones who love you and care for and about you.  

Hugs, Sylvia
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 09:12:35 AM by enuff81020 »
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2003, 05:04:23 AM »
Lizzie

I'm praying for your speedy recovery and praying that you'll be feeling better very soon, also prayer to your family at this time for their love and support to you and also to Kacia for looking after one of our best friends in such a fantastic way.

Iona & Naz xx

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 07:32:19 PM »
Guys

Thank you so much for all your prayers and kind wishes.  I really appreciate them.  I'm feeling really good now.  Especially as I have now got an earlier appointment to get this darn pop off hopefully this coming Wednesday 9th June.  

Downtime is that I might not be able to have surgery on this knee until the beginning of September as my OS's slots for surgery at the private hospital have all been used up.  Unless he can get some slots of other OS's - then I will have to wait!  :'(  I'm not going to worry about it yet!

Love to you all

Lizzie xxx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK