Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: NIGHTLY PAIN  (Read 1227 times)

Offline scareycrow

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
NIGHTLY PAIN
« on: November 05, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »
I NEED HELP HERE. ABOUT A MONTH AGO, MY KNEE AT NIGHT WAS KILLIN ME. I WAS WAKING UP CRYING, SCREAMING OUT.
IT WAS ONLY AT NIGHT, MY KNEE I COULD NOT EXTEND. TO TRY AND EXTEND IT FELT LIKE IT WAS GONNA BLOW OUT.
I TRIED A BRACE, STRETCHING, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY. IT DON'T STOP. NOW IF I RIDE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME, I HAVE TO GET OUT AND STRAIGHTEN MY LEG. SOMETIMES IT SHOOTS PAIN UP TO MY HIP NOW, AND LEG MUSCLE.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. IT'S MY LEFT KNEE. AND IT'S INSIDE THE KNEE ITSELF. THANKS AND PLEASE HELP.
 :-[

Offline Jennifer82

• Regular Poster
  • "It's My Life!"
Re: NIGHTLY PAIN
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 03:27:30 PM »
Have you done something to injure it? It sounds like you might have a torn ligament with it being on the inside of the knee. Falling, or twisting or anything like that can very well tear a ligament. I fell 3 weeks ago and tore my MCL and I am in so much pain with it that I can't sleep either!

Car Accident-2001
MCL, PCL, ACL recon r. knee- 6/01
3 Lateral Releases- 2001, 2002
Fulkerson TTT- 11/2002
Patella Reconstruction- 11/03
Scope/ligament revision-6/04
TKR 5/17/05
Screw removal 8/2005
Ocober 2006-Injured TKR DX: Torn MCL

Offline scareycrow

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 03:54:39 PM »
I haven't fallen, or injured it in anyway that I know of. Played softball last year. It started
at night, just not wanted to extend very very sharp pains in the knee. Now it's worse. At night
still not wanting to extend, at all. Hurts up into my hip now at night. I just don't understand it myself.
THanks  :'(

Offline catt1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 04:55:02 PM »
After my experiences with my right knee i would recommend that you go and see a physio, i went to see a physio and it was the best thing and the best money i ever spent.

Offline scareycrow

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:46:58 AM »
well what did it end up being? I totally don't get it , out of no where. And now like when I ride in the truck for awhile or keep it
bent for any reason, it's hard to extend and very very painful.
I just want a good nights sleep but , I know what it is gonna be every single night.
Thanks,

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 02:07:35 AM »
I had a big problem driving .. when I had a piece of cartlidge lock my knee.   Ice helps it.. and I would suggest by going to your GP and asking for pain killers and go to an OS where you can start to get an MRI and maybe a cortizone shot.. You may be sent to PT.. 

Last year around christmas I told my boss. I cant get into work > I think I am going to fall on my face... So I know what kind of pain you are in.. Hang in there.. Get pain relief..  Go see an GP first get a referral if needed.  and than An OS

Offline scareycrow

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 03:38:33 AM »
Well i haven't made it to the doctor yet, because I am waiting on my new insurance. BUT I did get some pain pills. I would like to say however, it only last until about 4am then I am up. It's getting worse now. Sitting in a vehicle it becomes tight and sharp pains shoot through my knee. I have to try and stand or get out and stretch. Nights are horrible. I hate to go to bed because I know I won't get to sleep all night. It's killing me, I just don't understand it. Out of no where it's awful. Once I bend it it's over , it don't want to open.
I HATE IT......
THANKX TO ALL.....

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 03:52:42 AM »
It sounds the same as what I experienced with my OA.  It started out the same way you are describing.  We drove from NY to VA and we had to stop about every hour so I could walk it out.  It would get so that I couldn't stand sitting for one more second.   My knee would lock straight so I couldn't bend it and the next time it would lock up in a bent  posision and I couldn't straighten it.  The fist time it locked straight I rushed to the hospital and the doctor there told  me there was nothing wrong with it.  (A knee that won't bend????  Nothing wrong???)  All my doctors ever did was to tell me it was arthritis and give me anti-inflamitories until I got to the point where I couldn't put my shoes and socks on by myself and couldn't do every day tasks like laundry and that's when my doctor sent me to my OS. 

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »
A simple solution is to sleep with a cushion or pillow placed between your knees - this will take the pressure off your injured knee.

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon