Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Durolane Injections  (Read 1251 times)

Offline William

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Durolane Injections
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:01:08 PM »
Hello
Has anybody on this forum tried Durolane? This is a new Hyaluronic Acid injection, which has the advantage that one injection can last for at least three months.
Wondering just how effective this treatment his for knee pain.

Regards
William

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Durolane Injections
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:06:06 AM »
Hi William
I've recently tried durolane after many years of problems, more recently i've tried a lateral release. After there was no improvement after that surgery, my os adviced me to try this fairly new injection. unfortunatly for me the results have not been good. I faced alot a pain in the first 24hrs and needed regular pain tablets, and have had zero results from it and my knee pain is as bad as ever. I had heard alot of positive reactions to this injection that was why i was keen to try it, unfortunatly it wasn't for me. But thats not to say it won't be positive for you, like I said i have heard many good things about it, for me injections and tablets don't seem to work, but give it a go and I hope you get the results you are looking for.

Offline William

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »
Hi sarah1928,
Sorry to hear that you got no improvement from the injection. I have do some research on these type of injections,( Viscosupplementation) and to be quite frank, the results have been quite mixed. Some people seem to get some improvement, but some of this could be due to the placebo effect.
I myself feel they are quite expensive, and their is no conclusive proof that they work.

Get much better results, from physiotheapy, and gentle exercises.

Thanks
William

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »
Hi William

It is a case of works for some not for others which is a shame cause i had high hopes of it being some kind of answer, for a short time basis anyway. Just now like many others waiting for another option from my OS, and continue with the physio, seems thats all i'm doing lately.

Hope everythink works out for you!
Sarah1928