Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Fulerson Osteotomy+Lateral Release+Mosaicplasty  (Read 675 times)

Offline EMANN

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Fulerson Osteotomy+Lateral Release+Mosaicplasty
« on: October 24, 2006, 01:44:53 PM »
HOLY COW!!! I just spoke to my surgeon yesterday and he will be attempting a mosaicplasty on my patella either OATS or OBI...he said it depends on the defect.....He will also do a LR & a possible Fulkerson osteotomy.  Man am I scared now........I was just hoping to get the defect filled, but now I am undergoing multiple procedures. (Scheduled in 4 weeks)

I am not in much pain at all right now & really wonder if I should just ppd this for now....What should I expect from multiple procedures? My knee does not dislocate at all, but I do have a small tracking problem....I dont know why he'd do a Fulkerson.

....I am expecting to be in so much PAIN!!! Please advise. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:04:33 PM by EMANN »

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
Re: Fulerson Osteotomy+Lateral Release+Mosaicplasty
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 07:15:05 PM »
hello
WOW,that is major!!
i don't no what advice i can give you. i just want to say good luck and i hope everything works out. if you're not sure about anything then speak to your surgeon again untill you are 100% sure that you are doing the right thing.
keep us posted on how things go.

all the best

Maria.xx
chronic knee pain since 10 years old.
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002
2 weeks intensive physio in 2005
nowhere near to finding the course of the problem.

Offline EMANN

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 11:34:23 PM »
I would have  to think the rehab protocols for these contradict each other (i.e....CPM, SLR, NWB, etc...)

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 01:30:57 PM »
Emann

Wow, you are in for a lot, your rehab will be pretty long I would imagine.  I can't comment on the mosaicplasty as I haven't had that done, unfortunately I'm too far gone for that one, however, the TTT and LR I've had done on both knees, painwise I didn't think it was that bad (but I do have a fairly high pain threshold) but as long as you keep on top of your pain medication you should be fine, the rehab time for the TTT, LR varies anything from 3 weeks to 6-7 months, but obvioiusly add the mosaicplasty which in itself is usually 6-8 weeks non-weight bearing I think (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) you're probably looking at least a couple of months out of action.

Even though you don't dislocate, if your patella is maltracking its still doing damage to the articular cartilage and if its left for too long you could end up with pretty bad OA, I assume you've tried all the conservative approaches, taping, bracing, pt etc?

Good luck with it all, I hope everything goes well for you and just be guided by your OS and physio as regards the type of exercises to do. 

Natalie.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 01:33:18 PM by Natalie.D »
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA