Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hops TTT & a good old natter!  (Read 36953 times)

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Hops TTT & a good old natter!
« Reply #330 on: September 01, 2006, 12:33:19 PM »
Hop,

Hey, I've been there and done that.....  My pt was very indignant also when told her agressive therapy had created more damage behind my patella.  She called the surgeon every name in the book and then it dawned on me that this was very unprofessional of her.....  Where I live this is very commonplace to not take kindly to any constructive criticism from other professionals, it seems.
Anyway, I'd be listening to the surgeon and maybe calm down the exercises and get back to a more comfortable place and then gradually work yourself back up again.  Might do the trick!!

Good luck to you and hope you're feeling better soon.  ~shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline Ellie2006

• Regular Poster
« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »
Hi Hop - great to "see" you again!

I agree with Shade I think you need to listen to what your consultant is saying.  Reduce those exercises, perhaps just a few SLRs until it feels more comfortable.  Your quads will come back eventually, it takes time. 

Hope it goes well with the survey today. 

Ellie
Problems with my right knee since 1981. 9 ops including lateral menisectomy, various scopes, microfractures and OATs for OCD and TKR in Feb 2006 and now having trouble with CRPS - I'm way too impatient, want my new knee to work now!  I have a fabulous left knee though!

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »
Hi young ladies

Thanks for your advice. I don't understand why these people dn't communicate with eacother!

Hey Anj, one of my supposed exercises is to stand on the ttt leg and try to bend and hold, you wanna see my leg shake! It does a specail dance all of it's own! As soon as the house goes through we're gunna join a gym and I'll just do what I can until I feel it's right to be more agressive. I think I'll listen to my knee rather than the so called professionals!  ;)

How's your rehab coming on Shade? Is your 'good' leg still playing up or has it calmed down now your longer out of surgery? Hopefully the latter. ;D

Hey Ellie - How are you doing girl? Where you at with your rehab? Survey sailed through, even more excited now! Just been on line looking at kitchens! Can't afford one right away but can dream.

Check out the Bengal puddy tat! Gunna save up for one. Soooo exciting!

Good to be back
Hop x
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 02:39:20 PM by Hop skip n jump »

Offline Ellie2006

• Regular Poster
« Reply #333 on: September 03, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »
Hi Hop

You've got the right idea - listen to your knee!  All the way through my TKR and rehab I kept hearing that. 

Glad the survey went well and you're already thinking of getting a puddy tat - aw cute. 

I'm still waiting to hear from my insurance company whether I have approval for the rehab.  In the meantime, my pain doc gave me some painkilling patches to try.  Let's just say that I didn't have such a good bank holiday weekend as I had my usual reaction to morphine - hubby ended up calling the doctor out!  I see my pain doc again on 11 Sept so hopefully I'll have more news then. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Ellie
Problems with my right knee since 1981. 9 ops including lateral menisectomy, various scopes, microfractures and OATs for OCD and TKR in Feb 2006 and now having trouble with CRPS - I'm way too impatient, want my new knee to work now!  I have a fabulous left knee though!

Offline sharon74

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »
Wow, I have missed you guys!  I know I am late in responding - like well over a month! - but my therapist kept telling me that if it hurts - stop doing it.  Rehab should not hurt, not that it should be easy, but you know what I mean.

How is the house hunting coming?  Joining a gym was one of the best things I have done, and actually going was even better!!!   :P  I know I have had a fairly easier time with my TTT than most, which is why I quit posting for awhile, I felt pretty guilty.  But I am going to give an update in another post under diaries. 

1990 - left knee exploratory - removed scar tissue
1991 - left knee LR
1993 - right knee LR
2002 - left knee LR
2006 - left knee TTT/LR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #335 on: May 13, 2007, 10:00:23 PM »
Hey Hop - nearly your one year anniversary!!! ;D
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #336 on: May 13, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »
WOW! Blimey where did the year go! Still in blooming therapy too! Tee Hee!

Will get there in the end!

x

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2007, 10:06:43 PM »
knee therapy or just therapy! ;D

Not long now and we can have some vino therapy ;D
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #338 on: May 13, 2007, 10:11:23 PM »
You cheeky moo! lol

I'm sooo looking forward to meeting up, will be a blast, we know eachother already really. It's guna be cool!  ;D

support