Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: White Circle In Xray? Post TTT  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Pansy

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • My babies are my reason...
    • My MySpace
White Circle In Xray? Post TTT
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:59:16 AM »
I need help everyone...I am not sure where to post this so I am posting it here and in the patello-femoral section...
I had a TTT in the middle of July...Been doing a little better lately...Getting better ROM...But still way behind where I should be...Well a few days ago my knee got very very stiff and very painful...So painful that I wake in the middle of the night to this sharp throbbing...Well the pain is in one spot...And in this spot there is this sharp lump about the size of a pea...So I decided I should definately get it checked out...Went to see OS this afternoon...Well his resident comes in and looks at it and feels it...Well my sister told me its probably just scar tissue so thats what I tell him...And he says well its too sharp to be scar tissue, my guess would be that its a screw...So he sends me for an xray...The lady who xrayed me asked me if I had on a brace and I said no so she says well it looks like a screw then...Well she takes me back to my room...Literally a minute later my OS walks in...He feels around my knee,says everything looks great and says he will see me in 2 months...Im like wait what about this lump...He feels it and says oh thats just a bone growth from an injury,see how its at the edge of the kneecap its just a sharp piece of bone...Ummm ok...No it isnt the edge of my kneecap...I honestly dont even think he looked at the xray or even knew what I was there for! So now I am debating on what I should do...I really want to know for sure...
The lump feels like it is ON my kneecap on the inner,lower part...
My questions are...Will a bone growth/injury show up on xray as a perfect white circle?!
Is it possible for a screw to go through my kneecap?
Does scar tissue show up on xray?
Thank you very much in advance!
26 y/o
7/2004-L Knee LR,Plica Removed,Scar Tissue Removed,Crack in Kneecap,Shallow Femoral Groove,Deep Fissuring and Fraying of Kneecap
7/2006-Fulkerson-Maquet TTT,Partial medial and lateral meniscectomy,Tibial osteotomy proximal bone graft,Chondroplasty,Debridement
2/2007- Hardware Removal

Offline paulgrech

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: White Circle In Xray? Post TTT
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:05:39 AM »
Hi- it should be pretty obvious what it is on X-ray. I notice you have had a lot of surgery and sometimes not all the hardware is removed- It may be that this is a washer which was left in when a screw was removed. Does it look like a washer? A screw would look like a screw on one of the projections (there are generally two views taken)
Scar tissue would not show up and nothing in the body will be perfectly circular. It would be important to look at your previous x-rays too and compare them.
www.uk-radiology.co.uk