Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: an answer to my problem  (Read 2134 times)

Offline angie_chadwick

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
an answer to my problem
« on: May 30, 2003, 12:47:50 AM »
I had a bad day yesterday,took my kids to the park as its half term and i feel so guilty not taking them anywhere as i cant drive and to walk is such an ordeal,i did the usual thing thinking ill be ok ill rest lots.
Didnt make any difference and people were looking at me because im hobbling along.
Today i saw the answer, a teenager on an electric scooter, wow that's for me i thought i can go out on that and the only stares i'll receive will be envious ones.
I can take my kids to school, take the dog out i'd have my life back again, instead of the thought of dread that goes through me when its time to pick the kids up.
So right now folks im saving my money, they are about 200/300 but its worth it i think. if ive given you an idea then great, or if anyone out there has got one let us know how good they actually are before i part with my money.   x angie   :)

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • G'Day from Australia
Re: an answer to my problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 05:09:24 AM »
I don't own one but do use one when ever I go to the local malls and shopping centres here (where you can book and use them for free).They are the BEST thing ever invented in my mind as they give independance back to those with none. For me we are looking at maybe getting me one or getting me an electric wheelchair. A lot of HMS/EDS'ers use them (the chairs and scooters) and you can even (I am told) get a doctor to prescribe one and can get it through the NHS or insurance or something as long as it is a long term thing.
Hope this helps (at here the cheapest real model is about $2,000 +).
As the Australian Guide Dog's Motto goes "THROUGH MOBILITY COMES INDEPENDANCE".
Sharon
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 05:10:58 AM by Shazinoz »
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 13
    • Check out my photography!
Re: an answer to my problem
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 05:14:32 AM »
Check this one out:

http://www.segway.com

They are not for the truly disabled, but for those of us who can't do the mileage, the would seem to be a really good option.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

support