Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: First of 5 Hyalgen injections today  (Read 1912 times)

Offline DeniseC

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Life is good.
First of 5 Hyalgen injections today
« on: September 20, 2006, 04:51:28 AM »
Well, proud to say I lived through it although I think the OS thought I might faint or something.  It was just as you all said:  little pinch when the needle went in, then some pressure with the injection but no pain really.  Got light headed because I'm a wienie about needles but it went quickly.  Felt kind of loose and weird on the right knee to walk afterward but the left knee was amazing --- very little of the crunching pain that I get almost all the time!  I could get used to this.  Bone spur on the right knee probably is what I'm still feeling and of course not able to walk right, but not as much pain.  All and all it went ok and now I have 4 more to do.  I'll be most curious to see if I can sleep without waking myself up when I move my legs. 
Oh.  How cool to feel like I can move without a lot of hurt.  Thanks everyone for your kind support and information.
--Denise
1/2005 first meniscectomy
6/2005 second one
severe osteoarthritis both knees
10/06 Hyalgen injection series
8/07 Synvisc injections
Pain meds, exercise, massage!
2/27/08 bilateral TKR's plus a bonus emergency arterial graft
5/14/08 doing better, ROM R124 and L138!

Offline DeniseC

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Life is good.
Re: First of 5 Hyalgen injections today
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:13:04 AM »
OK, I've had two weeks' injections - and I'm happy to report marked improvement.  Much more fluid movement, less pain, walking with less of a limp.  Wow.  I'm a believer.  Even if it doesn't last too long, I'm a happy girl for the time being.  I'm trying to think of all the things I want to do during this period of less pain, better movement.  Shopping, walking the dog, etc.  Very cool.
--Denise
1/2005 first meniscectomy
6/2005 second one
severe osteoarthritis both knees
10/06 Hyalgen injection series
8/07 Synvisc injections
Pain meds, exercise, massage!
2/27/08 bilateral TKR's plus a bonus emergency arterial graft
5/14/08 doing better, ROM R124 and L138!

Offline kittent1211

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: First of 5 Hyalgen injections today
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 02:57:25 AM »
I'm glad to hear you are getting some relief.  I got dizzy too after mine and I'm not a whimp about needles...I've never had that problem before.  I was a bit nausious also after mine. 

support