Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Unable to straighten knee  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Jenn-knee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Unable to straighten knee
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:19:07 PM »
 Hello, I was wondering if anyone might possibly be able to help me with my situation. Here's a little background... I first injured my knee when I was about 15 years old. What happened was... that day I was sitting down on the floor for quite some time [possibly more than 2 hours] with my legs crossed [indian-style]... then I stood up quickly and heard something that sounds like when your knee twists.. that sort of cracking sound. After that happened... my knee locked up and I wasn't able to straighten it because it EXTREMELY hurt if I even attempted to straighten it. Went to the doctors and they stuffed me with painkillers and couldn't really diagnose what the problem was. After a few days of taking painkillers nonstop I slowly began to straighten my leg out until there were no more problems.

Over the next few years, my knee would lock up totally RANDOMLY. I could be sitting down in a chair.. legs uncrossed... then I'd feel this odd weird TWINGE in my knee which would signal my knee lock-up. This would happen about 1-2.. at most 3 times a year. After visiting the doctors several times and several physical therapy visits I was scheduled for an MRI. The results of the MRI showed nothing. After that, they explained that I might have some sort of patella inflamation which is why I am unable to straighten my knee.

Right now.. I am 22 years old. The last time I had problems with my locked-up knee was 4 years ago when I was 18. I don't understand why after all this time I'm having problems AGAIN with my knee? Is there any other methods I could try along with or even besides taking my painkillers? I'd really appreciate ANY kind of help anyone has to offer.

Thank you for listening.

-Jenn

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Unable to straighten knee
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:40:44 PM »
Could be so that Hoffas fatbody or other soft tissues get inflammed and swell and interfere between the jointsurfaces.
Get a second opinion on this...probably this can be easy solved with a scope where they can cut down the soft tissue which interferes.
Over all a scope shows the damages..but a Mri doesn't reveal everything.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.