Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sylvia  (Read 2100 times)

Iona_-Uk

Sylvia
« on: May 19, 2003, 01:23:08 PM »
Hi all

Sylvia (enuff) has been going through a tough time both with her knees & and at home.

Sylvai is a much valued member of the board & I hope you will join me in wishing Sylvia all the best & hoping that she returns to us as soon as she is feeling able to post.

Many thanks
Iona

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
Re: Sylvia
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 10:33:08 PM »
I've been wondering where she was and hoping all was going well, too.

She is a valuable member of the board, always gives great advice, and as far as I can tell is a selfless mother who loves her children more than anything.  Hopefully, she's spent this quiet time focusing on them, as well as her own needs.  Maybe torturing the husband just a little hehehehehehehe.

She'll be back soon and will be herself in no time, I'm sure.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline Heather_K.

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 12:57:11 AM »
Sylvia~
  I just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers and thoughts, especially to get those mean nasty wretched people off your back so you can get back to your normally crazy life and start to prepare for more surgery.  I truly hope these people stop bothering you soon. I really don't know how you do it, with the high levels of pain you are in, taking care of all those kids, working, and your husband. . . .whew it took energey out of me just to write all of that! Maybe some of the board memebers will help me fill out the necessary paperwork to make you a saint, we all know you deserve at least that much, if not more for all the crap you put up with on a daily basis plus a painful failing body.
 We are all here for you when you get a chance to come back to the board and we are all thinking about you and sending good positive thought!  ;D

Heather K.
rt: lateral. release, chondroplasty, TTT+ LR, MPFL recon.+scar tissue removed Left: TTT+LR, revision with new screws + 8 ankle surgeries =Total of 30 surgeries, MRSA infect. with muscle/skin graft surgery. Surgeries 10 RT knee, 12 LefT knee, 8 Left ankle. message/email me for info/advice on TTT's. .

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 04:55:39 AM »
Oh my--wow, you guys...

I do not know if you have any idea what finding this thread has done for me.  

As I battle my health and this other stupidity, I often find that I'm my most harsh critic and task master--and then, well I find this and...

I was just feeling guilty because I'm sitting here and not doing "something" and well, I am so blessed to have found my way here and this kind of support.

Yes, I'm crying--thank you, thank you, thank you.  This kind of caring is worth more than anything.

I don't know how to say what I'm feeling, but it was sure good that I came here now, at this moment in time.  You (and Emily who IM'd me and is keeping me to my word...)probably saved me from another assault on my body by me.  I am taking the rest of the evening off...It is OK--nobody works 22 hours out of every day and it is not needed here either.

I have got to really get my thoughts to be as decent to me as they are to everyone else...

:D  ;D  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 06:06:17 PM »
Sylvia,

I can't imagine what you're going through right now... all I know is that it isn't fair to your mind or your body.  But God wouldn't take you TO it unless He could take you THROUGH it.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

support